Tamiya 1/48th Lockheed F-35 A Lightning II-Item#: 61124

23 minutes ago, flybywire said:

I wonder why Tamiya didn't make a single upper and lower fuselage, rather than cut them right behind the cockpit area, that would have made the entire kit much prettier?

Likely because there would be compromises in detail on the sides of the nose if it were made as part of the upper and lower fuselages.

6 hours ago, stalal said:

I wont keep any hopes for new versions. Its Tamiya. You cant predict 🙂

You can already see on some of the sprues they are setting up for optional drop in molds.  Those parts on the extended side sprues include the main and nose gear bays.  The nose gear bay is totally different on the F-35C.  There's also an empty side gate on the ordnance sprue.

a7d433ae097dac859a908fc4c20001b0.jpg

88b5b9c465807461a85e1d1d7bed7122.jpg

4161c0a6ac20f748f3c5579fd85e5b75.jpg

Edited by sigtau

I would of thought given how many “extra” releases Tamiya hasn't gone ahead with people would of learnt that lesson.

The list of aircraft Tamiya “could” of done with minor changes is far far longer than the kits they have released. 

10 minutes ago, dehowie said:

I would of thought given how many “extra” releases Tamiya hasn't gone ahead with people would of learnt that lesson.

The list of aircraft Tamiya “could” of done with minor changes is far far longer than the kits they have released. 

This is so true 😄 

We did alright with the Tomcat, getting three separate releases there, so the hope for other F-35's isn't entirely unreasonable. I'm not tossing my Meng aside, and I likely won't build two A's so count me among those hoping for other Tamiya variants.

Well as Tamiya is releasing the Italeri F-35B in Japan in November in a Tamiya Italeri box there certainly wont be a B coming from them.

The C requires an entire new fuselage etc for only one operator so i wouldnt be putting my house on that appearing anytime soon but it is Tamiya so never rule anything out.

On 10/18/2022 at 9:43 PM, dehowie said:

This is so true. I dont have all Tamiya kits, just a few. I can tell looking at their sprues, Tamiya had future versions in plans but those versions never materialized. Like a jilted lover ( 🙂 ) , the first painful instance of kit that could have been that comes to mind is their superb F-16. The kit even has two sets of seat belts is their F-16 photo etch set. But they never released a 2 seater. Similarly, Challenger kit has NATO version parts but never a new Challenger kit. 

F-35 also seems to be molded in a way to accommodate a new version, may be B or C. But its Tamiya. You never know!