Tamiya 1/48th Lockheed F-35 A Lightning II-Item#: 61124

• 2 weeks later...

Should have mine in hand on Friday. I pre-ordered from Andy's but will not do so again. Sprue Bros has them in stock as does Scale Hobbyist. For reference I have a copy of Phoenix Scale Publications - Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II. There are some very good photos in there, with a complete F-35B walk around. The models featured in the book do not include any builds of the Meng 1/48 (only Kitty Hawk) and some 1/72 italeri. I say it IS worth the purchase for decent reference.

4 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I’ve never had a problem with Surepost.  The only USPS part of the trip is from my local P.O. to my house.  They usually don’t screw that up.  USPS getting it to my local P.O. is where the issues happen.

I suppose it depends on where you live etc. I have had noticeable delays or hiccups from SurePost.  I will often times use my UPS account to "upgrade" to UPS ground if possible.

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
10 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

What did the tracking show?  Was it lost during the UPS to local PO leg of the journey, or after it arrived at the local PO?

Tracking shows:

Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending

LIBERTY, MO 64068 

December 5, 2022, 2:16 pm

And I contacted Sprue Bros and they informed me of the issue they are seeing with this status update, but I ordered something from them off their ebay store that shipped on the 12th and it got here yesterday.  So I think its just riding around in a truck someplace in Missouri. 

It is an F-35 so it is stealthy, so stealthy it can't be found!  (I joke to make it seem ok)

So at this point I just have to sit tight until January 5th.  

41 minutes ago, mike_45 said:

Tracking shows:

Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending

LIBERTY, MO 64068 

December 5, 2022, 2:16 pm

And I contacted Sprue Bros and they informed me of the issue they are seeing with this status update, but I ordered something from them off their ebay store that shipped on the 12th and it got here yesterday.  So I think its just riding around in a truck someplace in Missouri. 

It is an F-35 so it is stealthy, so stealthy it can't be found!  (I joke to make it seem ok)

So at this point I just have to sit tight until January 5th.  

So, that implies that it’s somewhere in UPS system.  USPS has nothing to do with it since UPS hasn’t even delivered it to the local PO.

20 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

So, that implies that it’s somewhere in UPS system.  USPS has nothing to do with it since UPS hasn’t even delivered it to the local PO.

So UPS picks up from Sprue Brothers in Missouri, then takes it to USPS in Missouri and then USPS the rest of the way?  I was under the impression from talking with Sprue Brothers that UPS has nothing to do with the shipping method I chose.  That it was completely USPS.