Tamiya 1/48th Lockheed F-35 A Lightning II-Item#: 61124

1 hour ago, mike_45 said:

So UPS picks up from Sprue Brothers in Missouri, then takes it to USPS in Missouri and then USPS the rest of the way?  I was under the impression from talking with Sprue Brothers that UPS has nothing to do with the shipping method I chose.  That it was completely USPS.  

I’m assuming that you’re in Texas from your profile, so the way that Surepost works is that UPS picks up the package from SB in MO, transports it to your local PO in TX, and then your local PO delivers it the next day.  What style of tracking number did you get?  If it starts with 1Z, it’s UPS (either regular or surepost).  If it’s a long number only, usually beginning with a 91 or something, it’s all USPS.  When you click on a tracking link, do you got to the UPS or USPS web site?

3 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I’m assuming that you’re in Texas from your profile, so the way that Surepost works is that UPS picks up the package from SB in MO, transports it to your local PO in TX, and then your local PO delivers it the next day.  What style of tracking number did you get?  If it starts with 1Z, it’s UPS (either regular or surepost).  If it’s a long number only, usually beginning with a 91 or something, it’s all USPS.  When you click on a tracking link, do you got to the UPS or USPS web site?

I know how surepost works, but this is straight USPS the whole way.  My tracking number is all numeric and the tracking goes to USPS' web site.  And yes I am in TX.  I would post the whole tracking but you know persec, But it was picked up from Sprue Bros, then never made it to the post office to be scanned in there and onto its next stop.  Basically it was picked up from Sprue Brothers and then just stealthily flew away some place.  

3 hours ago, mike_45 said:

I know how surepost works, but this is straight USPS the whole way.  My tracking number is all numeric and the tracking goes to USPS' web site.  And yes I am in TX.  I would post the whole tracking but you know persec, But it was picked up from Sprue Bros, then never made it to the post office to be scanned in there and onto its next stop.  Basically it was picked up from Sprue Brothers and then just stealthily flew away some place.  

While it may be getting a bit long, I would note USPS often misses multiple scans. I’ve seen them not uncommonly go from “arrived at regional origin faculty” to “at local post office” several days later with no other updates. 

6 minutes ago, ESzczesniak said:

While it may be getting a bit long, I would note USPS often misses multiple scans. I’ve seen them not uncommonly go from “arrived at regional origin faculty” to “at local post office” several days later with no other updates. 

This is true and what the Sprue Brothers rep told me, but it shouldn't take 9 business days to get here.  

11 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

USPS getting it to my local P.O. is where the issues happen.

Dave,

I think you meant UPS. However, my experience is totally opposite yours, --  my USPS adds at least 3-4 days to the delivery. You obviously have a better Post Office than I do.  I avoid Surepost at any cost.

Gene K

My order just arrived via UPS.   Took just two days from when order was placed.   I highly recommend Hobby Nut Models.     

I also use Sprue Bros and Scale Hobbyist and have I don't remember having any issues with either.

13 hours ago, GeneK said:

Dave,

I think you meant UPS. However, my experience is totally opposite yours, --  my USPS adds at least 3-4 days to the delivery. You obviously have a better Post Office than I do.  I avoid Surepost at any cost.

Gene K

Exactly the same here with my experiences. Remember, you can sign up for a UPS My Choice which includes the ability to bump your shipment up to Ground Service. 

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
29 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Exactly the same here with my experiences. Remember, you can sign up for a UPS My Choice which includes the ability to bump your shipment up to Ground Service. 

For a fee.  If you’re going to do that, why not just pay for expedited shipping in the first place when you place the order.  To my knowledge, SB’s expedited shipping is straight UPS, not Surepost.

4 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

For a fee.  If you’re going to do that, why not just pay for expedited shipping in the first place when you place the order.  To my knowledge, SB’s expedited shipping is straight UPS, not Surepost.

I order from other stores for different things online where the only shipping they offer is freaking SurePost. And, yes for a fee. Not everything in life is free right?

3 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I order from other stores for different things online where the only shipping they offer is freaking SurePost. And, yes for a fee. Not everything in life is free right?

I was talking specifically about SB, which I thought this conversation was about.  My point, and I’ll explain it again, is if you choose standard shipping from SB and you get Surepost, and then pay a fee to upgrade, why not just get expedited shipping in the first place?  Also, felt it important to mention they UPS does charge a fee to upgrade since you didn’t mention it.  It’s not just simply signing up for UPS My Choice.

Edited by Dave Williams
34 minutes ago, Bsin said:

WORD!  So Matt, what do you think?

Very nice moldings. The raised tape areas are more subtle than Meng but are still raised on the kit. I don't know if we will ever see an F-35 or F-22 without them. The kit is top notch and supporting documentation et.al. is comprehensive. Debating if I should sell my Meng Kit and accessories, I simply have too many kits.

5 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Very nice moldings. The raised tape areas are more subtle than Meng but are still raised on the kit. I don't know if we will ever see an F-35 or F-22 without them. The kit is top notch and supporting documentation et.al. is comprehensive. Debating if I should sell my Meng Kit and accessories, I simply have too many kits.

Do you think the Caracal decals will work on the Tamiya kit?

Well I guess all it took was to complain on here to make things happen.  Doorbell rings and on my porch was my F-35 from Sprue Brothers.  Tracking still shows the same.  But I have it!  

Still dont understand how no one scanned anything on this thing.  Only thing that would have made this better if it showed up on the 23rd because then it would be a Festivus Miracle!  

2 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

WORD!  Re: I simply have too 

many kits!  Don't we all. LOL 

51 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Those instructions don’t include the main dark gray (FS36170). I’m not at home (and won’t be for a bit), but it’s a mix of LP15 and LP59. I believe it’s 5:1, but not completely sure of the ratio.