Tamiya 1/48th Lockheed F-35 A Lightning II-Item#: 61124

13 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

I'm going to need something a lot stronger than a Snicker's! Buffalo Trace, Jack or Jameson!

Do you chase Jameson with a Snickers? or chase Snickers with a Jameson?....  Best try both ways to be sure ....  👍  😂

Edited by habu2

MSRP $98? 

When I first saw this I was pleasantly surprised and relieved that I only bought one Meng F-35A that's in my stash.  Then I saw the MSRP of the Tamiya kit and remembered I picked up the Meng up for around $30 bucks during a Sprue Brother sale. Damn.

41 minutes ago, B2Blain said:

MSRP $98? 

When I first saw this I was pleasantly surprised and relieved that I only bought one Meng F-35A that's in my stash.  Then I saw the MSRP of the Tamiya kit and remembered I picked up the Meng up for around $30 bucks during a Sprue Brother sale. Damn.

Well MSRP for their new release original boxing of there 1/48 F-14 is $115 but scale hobbyist has it for around $83 dollars. My guess it’ll be decently below MSRP but I doubt it’ll be as cheap as the meng kit.  But then again I’m beating the quality of the tamiya kit will be superior to meng offering. Time will tell though. 

Well you know I got half way down the first page and saw your post Dave Roof and was going to add a reply along the lines of... Well it wouldnt be ARC without... etc etc but then I carried on reading and got to the end of the page and I realised this dumpster fire doesnt need any gas, its burning just fine all by itself and there aint no putting it out now.

Maybe we can use this to keep warm this winter, we could at least stand around and poke it with a stick from time to time to make sure.

It being Tamiya Ill bet they get the shape spot on. I wonder how they have done the ram tape.

Whats the names of the MRP paint colours for that paint work?

Is it called HAVE Glass, is it the same as the F/A-22 and Royal Navy F-35B?

Edited by ElectroSoldier
38 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Well you know I got half way down the first page and saw your post Dave Roof and was going to add a reply along the lines of... Well it wouldnt be ARC without... etc etc but then I carried on reading and got to the end of the page and I realised this dumpster fire doesnt need any gas, its burning just fine all by itself and there aint no putting it out now.

Maybe we can use this to keep warm this winter, we could at least stand around and poke it with a stick from time to time to make sure.

It being Tamiya Ill bet they get the shape spot on. I wonder how they have done the ram tape.

Whats the names of the MRP paint colours for that paint work?

Is it called HAVE Glass, is it the same as the F/A-22 and Royal Navy F-35B?

MRP280 for FS36170 gray.  MRP278 for the special Matt varnish 

9 hours ago, B2Blain said:

MSRP $98? 

§30 is a great deal. But to be fair, Meng kit is developed like 5 years ago, where everything is cheaper. Nowadays their new tool kits aren't cheap either, their new 1/35 Chieftain costs about 70EUR. Prices for all kits have risen.

And Meng's F-35A certainly looks very much like it, but there many shape issues, for example the fuselage wing transition area if anyone is interested, it's totally flat, on the real thing it's curved like the Tamiya above here. 

F35.png

9 hours ago, stalal said:

Is it in anyway related to recently released Italeri kit?

Thought this was made clear, but no. Italeri's kit is an F-35B. This is a completely new tooled F-35A. 

Edited by Dave Roof
8 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Well you know I got half way down the first page and saw your post Dave Roof and was going to add a reply along the lines of... Well it wouldnt be ARC without... etc etc but then I carried on reading and got to the end of the page and I realised this dumpster fire doesnt need any gas

We're all adults here and like most adults in any situation, we get irritated with one another. The thread will right itself.

22 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

Thought this was made clear, but no. Italeri's kit is an F-35B. This is a completely new tooled F-35A. 

The question was because scalemates site seems to show a lineage between this kit and recently released Italeri F-35B. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/tamiya-61124-lockheed-martin-f-35a-lightning-ii--1442862

Thats confusing. 

20 minutes ago, stalal said:

The question was because scalemates site seems to show a lineage between this kit and recently released Italeri F-35B. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/tamiya-61124-lockheed-martin-f-35a-lightning-ii--1442862

Thats confusing. 

Tamiya is releasing the Italeri F-35B in Japan with I believe a new decal sheet (similar to what they did with the 32nd F-35A and 48th V-22 a few years ag). This may explain that breakdown on Scalemates.

37 minutes ago, stalal said:

Thats confusing. 

No it doesnt.
It shows the Tamiya F-35A alone

It shows the Italeri F-35B and an assumed release of it by Tamiya.

2 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

No it doesnt.
It shows the Tamiya F-35A alone

It shows the Italeri F-35B and an assumed release of it by Tamiya.

It isn't assumed. The Italeri F-35B is being reboxed by Tamiya to be sold in Japan for 10780 yen tax incl. in november.

P1010387_McobxqNVmGG7HIkIUYT1CGogpmW5exk4.jpg

Edited by Inquisitor