FineMolds 1/72 F-15 at the Tokyo Hobby Show

14 hours ago, clumsy said:

“Great balls of fire!”

Sooner than my expectations.

I hope they put the air intakes in the correct position which is characteristic to F-15 when parked on the ground. And in my humble opinion it is easily remarkable like the ailerons drop.

The intakes are in the proper ground position in the picture for being on the ground.

14 hours ago, clumsy said:

“Great balls of fire!”

Sooner than my expectations.

I hope they put the air intakes in the correct position which is characteristic to F-15 when parked on the ground. And in my humble opinion it is easily remarkable like the ailerons drop.

but they can always be moved up or down.

7 hours ago, kellyF15 said:

but they can always be moved up or down.

As far as I know the intakes move up or down when the plane is powered up. Once there is no power on the plane they stay in slightly up position; not like the way they have been depicted by all other model manufacturers (neutral).

Regarding the ailerons so far I could never find a photo that shows the ailerons in neutral position when the plane is parked.

I have no clue if both can be manually positioned. 

19 hours ago, clumsy said:

As far as I know the intakes move up or down when the plane is powered up. Once there is no power on the plane they stay in slightly up position; not like the way they have been depicted by all other model manufacturers (neutral).

Regarding the ailerons so far I could never find a photo that shows the ailerons in neutral position when the plane is parked.

Once the engine is shut down they return to full up, but they can be positioned in the down position with a hydraulic cart and an external power cart. During ground maintenance engine runs, the switches are usually in the maintenance position instead of auto so they stay up instead of dropping when the jfs cuts out

On 10/1/2022 at 5:08 PM, clumsy said:

...indeed, took quite a bit of work to get them into the full up position on my 1:48 F-15E (Revell).

DSC_1028a.jpg

Cheers

J

On 10/1/2022 at 11:25 PM, kellyF15 said:

Once the engine is shut down they return to full up, but they can be positioned in the down position with a hydraulic cart and an external power cart. During ground maintenance engine runs, the switches are usually in the maintenance position instead of auto so they stay up instead of dropping when the jfs cuts out

On 10/1/2022 at 4:08 AM, clumsy said:

I was speaking about the intakes, I forgot to reply about the ailerons.  They always drop after shut down, and the horizontal tails normally sag trailing edge down. Flaps should always be up unless the pilot forgets to raise them after landing and rudders get moved by the wind alot.

On 10/1/2022 at 10:25 PM, kellyF15 said:

Fun fact -- the 50% switch is no longer tied into ramp drop during start.

1 hour ago, BoeingDriver said:

Fun fact -- the 50% switch is no longer tied into ramp drop during start.

Yeah I heard about that a few years ago. The switches I were talking about were the left and right auto/manual switches.  I saw some of the jets are getting new hyd pumps and radomes too....

40 minutes ago, kellyF15 said:

The switches I were talking about were the left and right auto/manual switches.  

I wasn't trying to correct you -- just fun facting to be fun facting.  Yep, those ramp switches are in 6L/R.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...