FineMolds 1/72 F-15 at the Tokyo Hobby Show

A comparison view of the two airbrake versions which will be for the new FineMolds F-15 kit. As far as I can see the second verions (with all those nice internal ribs) will be on a separate sprue and included only in specific kits. 

4rSX7tD.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

This new F-15 kit looks pretty epic. The GWH kit had nice detail, but still carried over the fat wings and tailplanes and squashed widened canopy of the 1/48 scale kit. The Platz kit would have been nice if not for those Death Star-level trenches it called panel lines. I hope Fine Molds have some nice reboxings planned for JASDF F-15DJ aggressors, or USAF ANG MSIP Eagles. Even some Israeli Eagles with those hefty kill scoreboards would be a neat boxing idea. Heck, why not toss in a Saudi boxing just to be different.

On 5/6/2023 at 2:37 AM, jenshb said:

When the acronyms get their own acronyms..:)  Thanks Murph.

Could be worse: https://jalopnik.com/europe-funds-nuclear-rocket-research-deep-space-travel-1850405252

According to Space.com, the project’s full title is the Preliminary European Reckon on Nuclear Electric Propulsion for Space Applications. In order to turn this into that catchy name, the researchers plucked out a whole selection of random letters from each word to shoehorn them into the catchy title.

So, on the research project’s own website, they list the full name as “pReliminary eurOpean reCKon on nuclEar elecTric pROpuLsion for space appLications” to try and point out how it came up with the name. 

33 minutes ago, Bsin said:

Gabor, are any of the Chinese manufacturers there?

Brad

Sorry! I am not there at the Shizuoka Hobby Show this week. So have no idea about this. The above photo is from FIneMolds themselves. The show is this week and I am sure there will be a lot of reports from it, so eventually we will see if there are manufacturers from other countries also.

And of course there shoudl be some images of what the FineMolds F-15J looks like!

P.s. there are some images of nose cones (both the standard and the upgraded) and they look a little blunt to me. But of course it could be an early short shoot from test pressings.

Best regards

Gabor  

4 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

Sorry! I am not there at the Shizuoka Hobby Show this week. So have no idea about this. The above photo is from FIneMolds themselves. The show is this week and I am sure there will be a lot of reports from it, so eventually we will see if there are manufacturers from other countries also.

And of course there shoudl be some images of what the FineMolds F-15J looks like!

P.s. there are some images of nose cones (both the standard and the upgraded) and they look a little blunt to me. But of course it could be an early short shoot from test pressings.

Best regards

Gabor  

Thank you, Gabor.

Here are some views from the show. From those who are there.  : )  : )  I am 100% sure that there will be lots and Lots, and LOTS, and LOTS more published in the days to come.

abuGehQ.jpg

KbpjQAg.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Few more views. Showing some interesting parts brake down. Complete air intake / duct. Looks like one of the big sprues is still not finished and only a drawing is shown of it.

ParCfjG.jpg

Hw3JnCZ.jpg

And the second test build kit on display. This is the modernized "late" version of the F-15J

ZSt5RbS.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

• 5 weeks later...

Another update from  @Finemolds_T today on Twitter...

[F-15J progress report] Some of the finished products exhibited at the hobby show were 3D printer output products. It is a place with no engraving. Here is the processing of the back of the fuselage in progress. The mold before electrical discharge machining and the electrical discharge master. And after EDM...

The first image from the model show.

Fyu84neaAAIopBu.jpg

Fyu84xvaUAEaee1.jpg

Fyu848iakAAyRXl.jpg

Fyu-JmrakAEYj3J.jpg

Fyu-JxFaYAEjRRO.jpg

Fyu-PrQakAAaEQI.jpg

Edited by Craig Baldwin
On 6/16/2023 at 10:44 AM, GeneK said:

What's your assessment thus far?

When I see the smallest detail like the differences between instrument panel, it's difficult not to be impressed. The exhausts without turkey feathers still look to chunky so it may be necessary to replace with better aftermarket parts. 3D printing project??? If followed up with a D, I'm not sure I would buy any more Hasegawa Eagles.

I have both versions pre-ordered and will work my build schedule around their arrival.

Edited by Craig Baldwin
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2023 at 7:28 PM, Craig Baldwin said:

The exhausts without turkey feathers still look to chunky so it may be necessary to replace with better aftermarket parts. 3D printing project???

Check out KA Models exhausts; they are spectacular.  LINK

Regards,

Murph

From @finemolds_news  on Twitter.

先日テストショットをアップしたF-15垂直尾翼。 基部と一体パーツになっており、基部に実機通りのパネルラインはありますが段差はございません また初期仕様とJMSIPとで細部の違いも再現しています ちな4枚目の写真の実機通り十字で“ない”パネルラインが、個人的にはツボです

Translated from Japanese by Google
The F-15 vertical tail that I uploaded a test shot the other day. It is an integral part with the base, and there is a panel line on the base just like the actual machine, but there is no step. In addition, the differences in details between the initial specifications and JMSIP are also reproduced. In the 4th photo, the panel line that is "not" a cross like the actual machine is a key point for me personally

I do like how the vertical tail is attached to the fuselage, an improvement over the Hasegawa.

F05oadEaAAMfGjf.jpg

F05oaz6aIAEVt2n.jpg

F05obIaaMAEYN8r.jpg

F05obVnaQAAL8d5.jpg

F06nexAaYAEwMNR.jpg

Edited by Craig Baldwin
  • 4 weeks later...

@GeneK First look, quite close. The Eagle ladder has eight rungs vs 7. The rear rail looks a bit taller to make it over the intake and a slight steeper angle of the cockpit frame. So relatively small adjustments for a 3D file?

Regular Ladder.jpg

FGeVRw6VUAA3NBQ.jpg

Edited by Craig Baldwin