AOA 1/48 decals HMM-264 CH-46E images

Hello,

I'm starting Academy's 1/48 CH-46E today and will be using the AOA decals to model 157664 EH-03. AOA supply three great photos of this airframe, but they are a little small and only partial on the left side. I've done quite a lot of Googling, but not come up with any more images. 

Is anyone aware of any more photos of this airframe from the 2006 USS Bantaan deployment with HMM-264? Just looking for more references.

Many thanks for your consideration

Jon

2 hours ago, jonbryon said:

Hello,

I'm starting Academy's 1/48 CH-46E today and will be using the AOA decals to model 157664 EH-03. AOA supply three great photos of this airframe, but they are a little small and only partial on the left side. I've done quite a lot of Googling, but not come up with any more images. 

Is anyone aware of any more photos of this airframe from the 2006 USS Bantaan deployment with HMM-264? Just looking for more references.

Many thanks for your consideration

Jon

Send me an email : flyingleathernecks@att.net

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2022 at 7:03 AM, jonbryon said:

At the time, I never planned one day I'd make decals so I wasn't intentionally getting pics of all sides of all airframes and unfortunately the only pics of 03's left side I took were partial views, thankfully due to taking loads of pics in general. Here's another right side of 03 that wasn't included:

7664.jpg

Here's another one from a different day:

7664a.jpg

Edited by ziggyfoos
1 hour ago, ziggyfoos said:

At the time, I never planned one day I'd make decals so I wasn't intentionally getting pics of all sides of all airframes and unfortunately the only pics of 03's left side I took were partial views, thankfully due to taking loads of pics in general.

I actually have full walk arounds of all the 46's from that Det and sent John the relevant photos for 03.

20 hours ago, ziggyfoos said:

At the time, I never planned one day I'd make decals so I wasn't intentionally getting pics of all sides of all airframes and unfortunately the only pics of 03's left side I took were partial views, thankfully due to taking loads of pics in general. Here's another right side of 03 that wasn't included:

Here's another one from a different day:

These images are super-helpful (in addition to the fantastic walkaround from Dave Roof) - especially as the first one gives a slightly better view of the underside.

Quick question: What is the cross section of the thing circled in red? Is it circular, oval, flat or something else?

7664_edit.jpg

Thanks for the help - much appreciated.

Jon

52 minutes ago, jonbryon said:

These images are super-helpful (in addition to the fantastic walkaround from Dave Roof) - especially as the first one gives a slightly better view of the underside.

Quick question: What is the cross section of the thing circled in red? Is it circular, oval, flat or something else?

Thanks for the help - much appreciated.

Jon

DSCF6332.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the help with this one. I finished mine a couple of days ago. There's lots wrong with it (especially the over-drooped blades), but I'm pretty happy overall. I'll be using the same AOA set next year on the CH-53. The AOA decals were amazing; the Academy ones sadly not...

Jon

CH46E_13.jpg

CH46E_11.jpg

On 12/11/2022 at 8:59 AM, Loach Driver said:

That looks good! The weathering is just right. Blade drooping takes a lot of practice to get right. Overall, though, it's one to be proud of.

LD.

On 12/11/2022 at 9:57 AM, Tank said:

As you should be, it’s a very nice looking phrog. 

Thanks chaps 🙂

Jon

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ziggyfoos said:

I'm late to your post but to echo what the others have said, that's a fantastic build and paint/weathering.

Thanks. And thanks for the excellent decals - I look forward to using those for the CH-53 later this year.

Jon