What attract you to do modelling in 1/144 scale?

The subject matter I choose is usually of larger aircraft such as the B-1B or B-52 being able to fit on my shelf. I also enjoy the challenge of trying to make each subject look bigger than it is by trying different painting techniques. 

2 hours ago, joeltc said:

The subject matter I choose is usually of larger aircraft such as the B-1B or B-52 being able to fit on my shelf. I also enjoy the challenge of trying to make each subject look bigger than it is by trying different painting techniques. 

The only subject I did in 1/144 is airliners. Anything smaller than 1/48 I cannot see squatt !!! 

I have been doing 1/144 scale for several years now and I am enjoying it. As Alternative 4 puts it storage space was the primary reason for sticking to this scale. Notwithstanding the scale I do limit myself to only fighter planes that could snugly fit into the display case I used so that I could stack them up.

It is not a affordability issue for such choice. I am retired and the only way to sustain my childhood hobby and hopefully continue to do so for many years to come is the 1/144 way. I agree that 1/144 scale will not offer the details nor accuracy as their bigger cousins in 1/48 and 1/32. The satisfaction comes from being able to improvise and build them up as accurate as possible through DIY scratch-builds and decals given that after market stuff are scarce.

Cheers.

S K Loh 

• 2 weeks later...