Su-22M-3K conversion kit by CMK in 1:48

Hello

CMK from Czech Republic will release a conversion kit for the Su-22M-3K with Tumansky engine. The resin kit is developed in cooperation with Vespa Kits from Peru and will fit the Kittyhawk Fitter kits. Only the one seat Su-22M-3K is mentioned on the boxing, but to my understanding the conversion kit also can be used with a Su-22UM-3K with a Tumansky R29BS-300. 

I don ´t know, if there are subtle differences between the one- and two seaters with Tumansky engines, may be Ya-Gabor can help. 😉

https://www.glow2b.de/view.php?sku=7244455

Everybody interested, who missed the Vespa kit, has now a chance to get one soon.

The sole European Tumansky engined Fitter operator was Hungary, but the CMK conversion will not have decals from this country included. Luckily, HAD offers those, however their printing quality is not up to the highest standard, but better than nothing. The Hungarian Fitters are very interesting modelling projects due to the heavily weathered and faded paint they showed at the early 90s. A few aircraft were repainted and are interesting for those, who prefer a more clean look. 

Hi Falcon,

Yes, the Tumansky powered Su-22 should be interesting, it has a fat fool. : )  : ) Both the single and two seaters had the Tumansky engine. What the difference from the standard 22UM4 I have to have a look at. All I ever known were our Fitters.

Back in the days when the Su-22’s were overhauled here, there was a chance to take a closer look and measure millimetre by millimetre the back side and all the differences of the Tumansky engined version. It was some 30 years ago, I made a conversion set for the 72nd scale kits. But it was only for my own consumption just as most of the conversion sets I do (including the MiG-21bis for 72nd Edu kit).

6iFVRcm.jpg

9So81ek.jpg

YhIsjD5.jpg

The original paint scheme with which the aircraft were received was almost perfectly identical with some Polish aircraft! It looked excellent just as the later weathered ones (I tried to do this version)

After overhaul a new scheme was designed by the aircraft company but the colours are very strange and there is little difference between them. Of course it all depends on individual preferences.

To do a conversion from the KH kit in my opinion is a waste of time. I would rather wait for someone to do a proper and correct late Su-22 version (be it the Tumansky or the Ljulka version). But good luck to them!

Of course I would not comment on HAD decals. : ( 

Best regards

Gabor