GWH 1/48 F-14B?

It looks like there is a metric crap-ton of interior detail. I see part of the wing box and hinge mechanism and lots of piping detail. It should make for a cool opened up model, but I imagine it's definitely not the choice if you want it in an alert or in-flight config. I haven't built it myself, but I hear the 1/72 is a bear if you want to button it up.

• 1 month later...

Weeee... :clap2: USD $89.00 though. Is anyone pre-ordering now? How about you, Manuel?

Wondering how much postage to Argieland may be. What's with HobbyLink Japan not shipping via SAL or Surface any more?

To airmail the GWH 1/48 Su-27UB kit down here I would have to pay as much as I paid for the kit. No bloody way!

Cheers,

Gwen

18 hours ago, Gwen Phoenix said:

Weeee... :clap2: USD $89.00 though. Is anyone pre-ordering now? How about you, Manuel?

Wondering how much postage to Argieland may be. What's with HobbyLink Japan not shipping via SAL or Surface any more?

To airmail the GWH 1/48 Su-27UB kit down here I would have to pay as much as I paid for the kit. No bloody way!

Cheers,

Gwen

Something may have changed with surface shipping costs. The few places I buy from in Asia all seem to indicate the surface shipping is nearly as expensive as airmail to Canada. It's not nearly the deal it was before.

37 minutes ago, Specter1075 said:

Something may have changed with surface shipping costs. The few places I buy from in Asia all seem to indicate the surface shipping is nearly as expensive as airmail to Canada. It's not nearly the deal it was before.

Hi Specter,

Well, I think the GWH 1/48 Su-27UB kit in my Private Warehouse at HLJ will never vacate, then. It's been stuck there for 5+ months now.

Cheers,

Gwen  

On 4/26/2023 at 2:05 PM, Gwen Phoenix said:

Cheers,

Gwen

Sorry about those prices, Gwen.  I have the GWH Su-27, Su-27UB, the older Su-35S and now the new Su-30SM.  Prices are going crazy. I think I paid $130 for the Su-30SM at Spruebrothers a few weeks back.   As I recall, the prices for the other 3 weren’t nearly as bad. But at least they give us ‘free shipping’ if we spend $200US or more.   I’m sure I’ll never get around to the Su-27UB…would be happy to send to you.  I have no idea what shipping would run me as a private party to you, though…

15 hours ago, Curt B said:

I’m sure I’ll never get around to the Su-27UB…would be happy to send to you.  I have no idea what shipping would run me as a private party to you, though…

Hi Curt! :kissing2:

How are things going like in sweet Vegas, luv? Hope you're okay.

That's quite a generous offer, but in all honesty, I wouldn't feel too well if I accepted it.

The fellas at HobbyLink Japan are denying me the Small Packet Airmail/Registered option for a 1cm margin in the size of the box. :rolleyes: The shipping requirements inform of a 90cm length/height/width-volume and a weight of 2kg, yet the GWH kit is an 89cm length/height/width-volume and 1.362kg of weight. But they insist that I need to ship the kit in a MUCH bigger (and expensive) box by Airmail or EMS only, for SAL and/or Surface shipping ain't available to Argieland.

The kit has been sitting in my Private Warehouse for more than 5 months now, and I've already told those gentlemen that it might as well remain there for ages until they allowed me to ship via SAL or Surface (in view that I'm not allowed to ship via Small Packet Airmail/Registered, just because they want to charge me a lot more). Those bloody crooks. I won't be buying from bloody HLJ ever again. Screw them to the moon.

Perhaps I might send it to the courier in Miami, but that's going to cost me a lot more quid. 

Cheers,

Gwen 

1 hour ago, Gwen Phoenix said:

Hi Curt! :kissing2:

How are things going like in sweet Vegas, luv? Hope you're okay.

That's quite a generous offer, but in all honesty, I wouldn't feel too well if I accepted it.

The fellas at HobbyLink Japan are denying me the Small Packet Airmail/Registered option for a 1cm margin in the size of the box. :rolleyes: The shipping requirements inform of a 90cm length/height/width-volume and a weight of 2kg, yet the GWH kit is an 89cm length/height/width-volume and 1.362kg of weight. But they insist that I need to ship the kit in a MUCH bigger (and expensive) box by Airmail or EMS only, for SAL and/or Surface shipping ain't available to Argieland.

The kit has been sitting in my Private Warehouse for more than 5 months now, and I've already told those gentlemen that it might as well remain there for ages until they allowed me to ship via SAL or Surface (in view that I'm not allowed to ship via Small Packet Airmail/Registered, just because they want to charge me a lot more). Those bloody crooks. I won't be buying from bloody HLJ ever again. Screw them to the moon.

Perhaps I might send it to the courier in Miami, but that's going to cost me a lot more quid. 

Cheers,

Gwen 

Gwen,

All is well here in Las Vegas, except that last week, we had to send one of our two Pembroke Welsh Corgi dogs to the Rainbow Bridge.  It has been heartbreaking for me, both before he was gone, and now coming up on a week since it took place.  We still have our little girl Corgi, and she's doing okay, but clearly misses her best friend, whom she knew her entire life...  I hope things are a little better in your world.

I'm sorry you are getting messed with by the hobby company.  It sounds like they really ARE 'pulling your chain', as the numbers show that your package falls under the size limit.  Well, if there is nothing I've learned in this life, the old adage 'Money is the root of all evil' is probably the truest statement ever uttered.  Let's talk privately in the message section about what I can do for you regarding my Su-27UB, okay?  That way the rest of the folks there don't have to listen to my babbling!  🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2023 at 12:35 PM, MattN said:

Nice pics - but no sign of LANTIRN, bombs or racks?  I didn't see any markings for those on the decal sheet either 😨

It would be a shame for them to not include those bits.  Everything else in the kit indicates it will depict a late B, including a sparrowhawk HUD.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Solo said:

Upon learning from Scale Scriber that Tamiya will definitely have simpler parts break down and small part counts compared to this, I will be taking back my hasty decision made earlier. I will no longer buying this kit and will be just waiting for the Tamiya rendition.

5 hours ago, flybywire said:

Upon learning from Scale Scriber that Tamiya will definitely have simpler parts break down and small part counts compared to this, I will be taking back my hasty decision made earlier. I will no longer buying this kit and will be just waiting for the Tamiya rendition.

You might be waiting for a while for a Tamiya F-14B. Phase Hanger Resin does an F-14B conversion for the Tamiya kit.