Thanks for the add

I have a question please, i have been given a lot of modelling gear and now retired want to give it a go again after many years, amongst the items I was given is a large compressor, would like to try learning airbrushing but am stuck at the first hurdle, i purchased a airbrush kit but cannot connect it to the air reservoir tank/pot thing, the pipe on the kit is 1/8" BSP but on the pot I've measured it and its about 1/2", I'm unable to find any 1/2' female to 1/8" male reducers, anyone any ideas how to get round this sorry for the long post Thank You  

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image0.jpeg

Hi Zeek,

Many airbrush manufacturers make hose adapters so the airbrushes can hook up to compressors and many hardware stores will sell adapters too.   Just for your information this was posted in the Archived discussion folder.  You might want to post it again in the main discussion forum so you will get more feedback.

Geoff M

I’d take the reservoir tank and the hose to

your local hardware store and figure out what pieces will get from one to another.  You’re going from a tapered thread to a straight thread, you may need a combination of fittings to get there (1/8” BSP to 1/4”, 1/4” to 1/2” would be my guess, but it’s BSP not NPT, and I’m not super familiar with BSP).

9 hours ago, Geoff M said:

Hi Zeek,

Many airbrush manufacturers make hose adapters so the airbrushes can hook up to compressors and many hardware stores will sell adapters too.   Just for your information this was posted in the Archived discussion folder.  You might want to post it again in the main discussion forum so you will get more feedback.

Geoff M

Thank you for the advice I will post again in the correct forum

5 hours ago, lockheed2004 said:

I’d take the reservoir tank and the hose to

your local hardware store and figure out what pieces will get from one to another.  You’re going from a tapered thread to a straight thread, you may need a combination of fittings to get there (1/8” BSP to 1/4”, 1/4” to 1/2” would be my guess, but it’s BSP not NPT, and I’m not super familiar with BSP).

Thanks for the reply, you would think it would be straight forward, but I have tried all local hardware shops, and searched online, I have had no joy at that’s why I tried posting hear, but thanks again for replying 

Is this a British piece if kit?  BSP is close to NPT but not quite.  You could very well use an NPT fitting with it just fine on this application.

As an FYI, you posted this thread in the General archive, not the active “folder”.

Edited by Slartibartfast