CD48229 - 1/48 NASA F-18

1 hour ago, arnobiz said:

Awesome! I'd better get cacking on the HARV parts now 😉

Umm - sorry, the HARV markings did not make it. The Hornet is a big aircraft, and I realized all that gold trim almost requires a sheet of its own. But no worries - I was going to email you about this in the weekend; I'm sure we can figure out a way to do these as a limited-release to go with your conversion parts.

Edited by KursadA
10 hours ago, KursadA said:

Umm - sorry, the HARV markings did not make it. The Hornet is a big aircraft, and I realized all that gold trim almost requires a sheet of its own. But no worries - I was going to email you about this in the weekend; I'm sure we can figure out a way to do these as a limited-release to go with your conversion parts.

Sure, let me know! Another option (if space allows) would be to include the tail, nose and pilot markings/filets and let modellers paint the simpler fuselage gold and grey filets/stripes. How would this sound?

Arnaud

IMHO any modeller skilled enough to build a HARV conversion, even based on Arnaud’s masterful sets, should have no issues painting the gold fillets. They are constant width. And there are numerous other stripes all around the airframe to paint also (instrumentation wiring protection tape) depending on configurations.

As for me I’d alteady be very pleased just with the white tail codes and cockpit warning/rescue markings.

2 hours ago, The Arrowhead said:

IMHO any modeller skilled enough to build a HARV conversion, even based on Arnaud’s masterful sets, should have no issues painting the gold fillets. They are constant width. And there are numerous other stripes all around the airframe to paint also (instrumentation wiring protection tape) depending on configurations.

As for me I’d alteady be very pleased just with the white tail codes and cockpit warning/rescue markings.

I am also thinking along these lines - I am currently scaling down the 1/48 sheet to 1/72 and it looks like there may be enough space for the HARV markings (except the golden stripes) in both 1/48 and 1/72 after providing full markings for two regular 1/72 NASA Hornets. Do you think this would be a good solution? 

I will finish the 1/72 sheet soon, complete with bonus HARV markings in both 1/48 and 1/72 scale to support Arnaud's upcoming products. The white NASA/840 markings on the tail, the non-standard stencilling and the "Silk Purse" aircraft name will all be there; but you will have to paint the stripes yourselves. I guess a dedicated gold trim sheet from BAM Models may still be a possibility - I will gladly design it in both scales.

CD72140 will be available at the same time as the 1/48 scale sheet. As mentioned, it will include markings to build two of the seven NASA Hornets featured on the larger scale sheet, plus bonus markings for F-18 HARV in both 1/48 and 1/72 scale, to be used with Arnaud's conversion parts when available.

cd72140.jpg

• 2 months later...