Revell A-6E Intruder rescribe

On 2/6/2023 at 7:33 PM, crackerjazz said:

Hi Steve, Thadeus, RichB63, thanks guys!  : )     

I was hoping to post a little more progress on the flaps, but I'm kind of reworking the 3D details a bit and I'm actually stuck on one of the areas -- specifically the flap-track fairing which consists of overlapping lobes like a lobster tail's.   On the Kinetic and Hobby Boss flap-down track parts I see 2 overlapping lobes only so I went with that on mine.   I was thinking the reason for that was because the lobes splay out during operation and the 3rd one becomes hidden?

There do seem to be just 2 lobes on the flap-track fairings of this Intruder.   Or could it just be the photo's fuzzy?

img%5D 

On this guy I see 3 overlapping lobes.  I also compared photos of flaps retracted and extended and the separation between the lobes looks the same.  They don't seem to splay farther apart or anything in the flaps-down position.

img%5D 

Anyone know if the fairings actually came in different versions?   

Wonderful work and very inspirational. Please, keep it coming.

In the meantime, here are some pictures:

From the site Prime Portal and Airliners.net

Flap Mechanism 1.jpg

Flap Mechanism 2.jpg

Flap Mechanism 3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, thanks!   : )

I've modified the fairings to the 3-layer setup.   I also noticed the inner wing flap-track fairings move farther into the red zone compared to the outer wing when the flaps are fully down and those cover strips went progressively shorter.  I started doing the modifications and it unleashed a whole set of issues I didn't expect, requiring a lot of rework.   

img%5D

img%5D   

img%5D

img%5D  

img%5D 

img%5D  

There's still a lot more work to do but hopefully I can get these printed over the weekend.   I've been waking up early lately -- 4:30am to work on this a little before getting ready for work but I'm still hoping that someday they'll discover what triggers the need to sleep and eliminate it and we'll get to have 24 hours of fun  -- or make that 16 hours -- cause the 8 hours at work won't be : )