Probable Bad Actor - New User "jackson" (Maine)

I have a "Looking For" request for Revell #04032 HH-53C Super Jolly kit.  New user Jackson (since 28 Oct) sends me a PM telling me to text his phone. then disables the messenger before I can respond. Here is a screen grab of our comms.  I checked his profile and he has one post, rather cryptic about requesting any hard to find kits.  Caveat Emptor!

K/r,

Dutch

jackson.JPG.1790811a01224d5ce21a375349f0a3d2.JPG

Edited by Dutch
change title

Update - I just rechecked his profile and now his previous post has been deleted and does not show.  So I conclude that he is displaying suspect behavior and is a probable BAD actor!

Edited by Dutch
  • Dutch changed the title to Probable Bad Actor - New User "jackson" (Maine)

He tried to hit me as well, messaged me that he wanted to sell me parts I requested on the buy sell trade board.  So I relied without thinking and got a email from someone with a gmail address that did not seem to match the name, so I looked at this forum and pulled out of the transaction.  Unfortunately before I caught on I texted with him, gave him my address and my email, as I was at the level with the transaction of making payment and sent him my email to send a paypal invoice then he asked me to use cash app and I noticed the email account he provided did not look like it corresponded with name on the account.  So I cancelled the deal.

While new to this forum I have been around the hobby a long time, just my regular forum has been LSP.  

Edited by Cbk57
On 11/11/2022 at 12:06 PM, B-17 guy said:

Same guy messaged me. It was suspicious right away to me when he put a phone number for faster response. Hard pass. 

Ditto. His message seemed odd, so I passed on what he had to offer, figuring it was a scam. I figured it was either that or this guy has the best stash of hard to find, out of production items out there. 

Edited by okthree
  • 2 weeks later...

@Cbk57, I saw your post. So far no bites, eh?  I was tempted to add my $.02 worth, but thought it better to let it stand. No need to borrow trouble.  Thanks for the support.  Kind regards,  Dutch 

Edited by Dutch
10 hours ago, Dutch said:

@Cbk57, I saw your post. So far no bites, eh?  I was tempted to add my $.02 worth, but thought it better to let it stand. No need to borrow trouble.  Thanks for the support.  Kind regards,  Dutch 

Nothing, I wonder if our friend has pulled back lot of work scamming for $20 and $30 dollar bits and people starting to figure you out.  

I got a new rely from a yughh76 for my fake parts.  Told me someone had posted a sale for a winged oil pan a few days ago and tried to get me to email him, I told him to piss off and get off our forum, that we are coming after him.  MIght need someone else to create a fake post to ferret out the next one.