Hey ship team, got a question from a plane guy. I work at the Ralph H. Johnson VAMC and would like to build the USS Ralph Johnson (DDG 114). Is the Academy 1/350 Arleigh Burke kit a good one, and a good option for the Ralph Johnson? I found a review of the Trumpeter kit and saw the description of the issue with the upper and lower hull fit.

Thanks,

Chris

• 1 year later...

Finished! My first ship model. DDG-114, USS Ralph Johnson. The donor kit was the Trumpeter 1/350 USS Momsen since no RHJ kit exists yet. I did have to do some cutting and cleanup but looking at photos I think I got close enough. I did not use the photo etch or thread any lines, as she will be mounted and sealed in a display case in the hospital lobby. Plus, I messed up the first set of railings too bad to save. I work at the Ralph H Johnson VA Medical center and will give the model to the hospital to display in the lobby. The lower hull hasn’t been glued on yet so I can mount it to the brass spindles and base. Hope you like it.

IMG_2567.jpeg

IMG_2566.jpeg