Back in business!

Zactomodels is now open again and it's good to be back!

During our move last year I injured my right shoulder. After months of living with it, I finally had it checked. I was diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff, but it turned out to be really bad bursitis with bone spurs.

The MRI was excruciating because I had to hold my neck cranked to the side. A week later my neck was aching, my left arm began falling asleep and my left thumb tip was completely numb. I went almost 2 months like that before I found a chiropractor that was able to help.

I was almost healed but kept re-injuring myself doing small tasks. Spending almost two weeks in bed with COVID was just what my body needed to recover. Another couple of weeks to take care of things and now I'm ready to go!

My apologies to those who have had emails go unanswered. I've done my best to reply to anything related to orders that were placed, but skipped almost everything else...

No new products for a while. While the casting area is temporarily set up (still in the dining room and not the garage), my office/modeling room is in-progress.

The new home is quite a drive from the Post Office, so orders will be shipping on Mondays and Fridays only.

UK is still blocked from purchasing due to VAT regulations. Does anybody know of any small business that has successfully signed up for VAT or found a way around this?
EU can order but you'll have to pay your own VAT when your package arrives.
Australia and New Zealand are both back after COVID restrictions.
Russia and Ukraine are blocked from ordering due to the war.

AIM-9X Sidewinder is in limbo until I can get more MV Lenses (or find a replacement).

F-16 MCID (large mouth) intake will not be available until after the garage/shop is up and running and I re-engineer the mold.

I will be doing a short run re-release of the Revell MiG-29 correction and combo sets in the near future. I'll be casting sets until the current molds wear out and then it's gone. Contact me if you are interested in reserving one.

Su-27 and A-7 canopies are not available, but I do plan to re-release them early next year after moving my shop to my garage, even if the parts aren't "Perfect" (I've realized I was too much of a perfectionist when rejecting minor flaws).

:cheers:

Chris

Edited by Zactoman

Hi Chris!

Glad you are back in business. Looking forward to your soon and complete recovery to make a deep plunge into the resin deal.

Take care.

Alexander.

Edited by Eastern

Great news, Chris!  Lots of interest in the modeling community on how you have been doing after the covid banner you put up on your website and then radio silence.  
we moved about 18 months back and I too am a long way from my local PO.  I never dreamed I’d be living so far from populated areas. But I love it! 

Hi Chris,

I'm glad you've recovered after your painful injury. I live in the UK and would dearly love to order a few of your products. I've previously ordered from Steve at Culttvman using my debit card via PayPal and paid the VAT when the items arrive in the UK. I don't know if Culttvman would be classed as a small supplier, but this works as well as it can.

Hopefully the financial geniuses that came up with this ridiculous VAT process will see the error of their ways and make it easier for us mere mortals to do business with your good selves in the US.

Many thanks,

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear that you're on the mend Chris.

I'm definitely up for the Su-27 canopy correction set so hope you can work out how to deal with the UK tax system. I believe Jeffrey of Hypersonic models in Japan has worked it all out. 

Best

Tony

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/20/2022 at 7:09 AM, Kasatka said:

Chris hi

The web-site says the shop is closed for maintenance. When do you think it will open again?

Check again?

I just received an order from about 2-3 weeks ago, the Zacto man was down with an injury, I believe he’s up and running again

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2022 at 2:48 AM, Zactoman said:

Zactomodels is now open again and it's good to be back!

UK is still blocked from purchasing due to VAT regulations. Does anybody know of any small business that has successfully signed up for VAT or found a way around this?

Yes, just ignore it!
Its the big brother mentality these rules bring that will make 1984 come true in practical terms.

Just send it, let the receiver sort it out their end. Its not like the taxes if any are due wont be collected, they wont get the package until HMRC has their pound of flesh and nothing will happen to the sender in even the slightest degree because they are not subject to the laws of the UK.

Get proof of shipping etc etc if needed, insurance is a good one, to prevent false claims on the part of the receiver then just ignore big brother at all costs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 4:48 AM, Zactoman said:

A-7 canopies are not available, but I do plan to re-release them early next year after moving my shop to my garage, even if the parts aren't "Perfect" (I've realized I was too much of a perfectionist when rejecting minor flaws).

:cheers:

Chris

Any updates regarding this set Chris?

Cheers,

Bill

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 7:27 PM, ElectroSoldier said:

Just send it, let the receiver sort it out their end. Its not like the taxes if any are due wont be collected, they wont get the package until HMRC has their pound of flesh and nothing will happen to the sender in even the slightest degree because they are not subject to the laws of the UK.

That's true, I am based in the UK and get quite a few things from abroad.  You receive a pre delivery notice of fees due and then once paid the item usually arrives the following day. Most lower cost stuff isn't taxed at all.