For a long time I haven't posted anything here, so let's change that! 

Well known GWH kit, everything is OOB, except from the ladders borrowed from the SMT kit and the HUD. 

Decals are Lift here. 

This jet represents one flown by Major Zoran Radosavljevic, who was shot down on the 2nd day of the operation Allied force in 1999. 

His wingman, Peric managed to eject in time and survive, but Radosavljevic died in the crash. 

He was one of two MiG-29 pilots to die during the war along with Milenko Pavlovic. 

Painted the model with Gunze aqueous colors and AK Extreme metal. 

DSC06123.thumb.jpg.01ec4e691cf9ceb59054da9595249887.jpg

DSC06109.jpg

DSC06117.jpg

DSC06127.jpg

DSC06133.jpg

DSC06137.jpg

DSC06139.jpg

DSC06142.jpg

DSC06145.jpg

DSC06150.jpg

Edited by Sukhoi Su-27

This is just superb!

I really love the spots where the old yugoslavian marking have been painted over.

I am just starting Pavlovic's jet. I am wondering what gunze color you used for the green? It is a difficult color to find. Are there any tips for the building of the kit or is it straight forward?

Your MiG 29 is excellent. 

1 hour ago, tomthegrom said:

This is just superb!

I really love the spots where the old yugoslavian marking have been painted over.

I am just starting Pavlovic's jet. I am wondering what gunze color you used for the green? It is a difficult color to find. Are there any tips for the building of the kit or is it straight forward?

Your MiG 29 is excellent. 

Thanks a lot! I have also built Pavlovic's jet, I will post it soon 😀

Yes, the Yugoslav green is very weird and hard to mix.

I have used RLM 82 and RLM 02 mix as a base (around 40/60 ratio), then just a tiny bit of IJN green and in the end a bit more white and RLM 02 to fade it. 

Overall, kit is really good, except for the engine gondolas and intakes. I would suggest not listening to the instructions and first completing the intakes and the rear part, and only then fixing them into position. I made a mistake and had a lot of putty and sanding work there.

@Bastian and pacheco

Thanks guys!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...