Academy's new 1/48 A-10C..........single piece engine and aft fuselage!

Now, those positive rivets look very nice, indeed.

I don't suppose they might release an A variant later on? Otherwise, I hope the A-10C specific features (like e.g. the GPS dome antenna on the fuselage) will be done as separate parts so an A could be made from it.

22 minutes ago, ijozic said:

Now, those positive rivets look very nice, indeed.

I don't suppose they might release an A variant later on? Otherwise, I hope the A-10C specific features (like e.g. the GPS dome antenna on the fuselage) will be done as separate parts so an A could be made from it.

They are releasing A variant, too. The guy who built the painted sample in the photo above mentioned that the A variant's toolings were already made along with the C's. There is no info on its release date, though.

Edited by not2p
28 minutes ago, Niels said:

Any details on the marking options? 

I'll ask. I have a test shot being sent next week and may be able to answer any other questions regarding the kit (details, fit, breakdown, etc.). As far as A-10 specific questions, I'll have to defer those to someone else.

Coming out of model building ice age, haven't built in a long time but recently aquired the HB A-10C. May just be the restart I need, and then see the Academy kit in due course. Looking at aftermarket decals right now.... 

2 minutes ago, Niels said:

Coming out of model building ice age, haven't built in a long time but recently aquired the HB A-10C. May just be the restart I need, and then see the Academy kit in due course. Looking at aftermarket decals right now.... 

Jake at Speed Hunter re-released his F-4G sheets for the new ZM and Meng kits, so it wouldn't surprise me to see his A-10 sheets get the same treatment for this and the GWH kit. 

Very cool to see a new A-10 kit on the way -- thanks for posting the pics, Dave.  The guy who built it executed a very realistic weathering approach.

I'm interested to see some full-build reviews, as no one since Monogram circa 1983 has really gotten the shapes of the Hog correct... first look here is promising for bucking that trend.

Crazy how far the engineering has come the past decade!  Thanks again, Dave.

** Edited after visiting HomeBe's link where it states these were test runs for the display; I commented that the AAR-47 MWS sensors don't appear to be on the wingtips **

Edited by Guard Hog
2 hours ago, HomeBe said:

Multiple threads on one subject ! 

By the way, the pictures in the post here above are from Spencer Pollard

V.P.

Well, I didn't see the other thread.

Didn't know they were Spencer's photos as I saved them from someone that shared them on Facebook. 

18 hours ago, not2p said:

They are releasing A variant, too. The guy who built the painted sample in the photo above mentioned that the A variant's toolings were already made along with the C's. There is no info on its release date, though.

Good to hear, thanks. I guess I'll wait for the A, then.

It's nice to see Academy stepping up their game as I wasn't really impressed with their Phantom, which felt over-engineered while not that detailed if that makes sense.

Edited by ijozic