On 11/13/2022 at 12:18 PM, Da SWO said:

Data on the Pilots hasn't been released, and your insinuating they were nothing more then frat boys with money?

On 11/14/2022 at 10:57 AM, niart17 said:

Sorry, but this is an extremely judgmental and VERY ignorant statement. These "individuals" are trained pilots with tons of hours. How about you keep the armchair piloting to yourself.

I spent 20+ years in the USAF as a pilot flying aircraft from the Mighty Tweet up to the F-15C and teaching others to fly them.  After retirement I've flown the 747 and then spent another two decades working for a defense contractor teaching 4th and 5th Gen fighter pilots.  In that 40+ years of aviation experience I've found that some pilots were exceptional, some were average, and some were below par.  That was true of every community, including the airshow community, with whom I have worked.  If you think they are the exception to this rule, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Regards,

Murph

1 hour ago, Murph said:

I spent 20+ years in the USAF as a pilot flying aircraft from the Mighty Tweet up to the F-15C and teaching others to fly them.  After retirement I've flown the 747 and then spent another two decades working for a defense contractor teaching 4th and 5th Gen fighter pilots.  In that 40+ years of aviation experience I've found that some pilots were exceptional, some were average, and some were below par.  That was true of every community, including the airshow community, with whom I have worked.  If you think they are the exception to this rule, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Regards,

Murph

OK, so just to be clear then, you're saying that Craig Hutain, flying the P-63, had no business being in a cockpit, and way more money and ego than brains, correct? And do we need to add Captain Terry Barker, Captain Len Root, Major Curtis Rowe, Kevin Michels and Dan Ragan from the B-1 to that as well?  You know their abilities and and can make that as a factual statement?

59 minutes ago, Ken Cartwright said:

OK, so just to be clear then, you're saying that Craig Hutain, flying the P-63, had no business being in a cockpit, and way more money and ego than brains, correct? 

No, I never said that.  I made a general statement of fact.  You can take that statement however you want.

Regards,

Murph 

I don't see any one blaming any one . I watched the video, some one encroached on some one else's air space. I am NOT an FAA inspector so I don't know who that was technically. If you can't handle the truth then don't yell at some one who can. Simple as that, lets all wait for the jury to come back in.

On 11/20/2022 at 2:41 PM, Murph said:

Regards,

Murph

And again I thank you for your service. But I stand by my view that your statement was extremely judgmental and completely out of line. You may feel differently and I respect that. But I feel your statement issued before any facts have been shown says a lot more about you than it does about the pilots involved in the incident. But regardless, have a blessed day sir.

Bill

1 hour ago, niart17 said:

NTSB Releases Preliminary Report On Dallas Airshow Crash (msn.com)

In case anyone is interested in the truth and not premature speculations.

That comment is rather harsh. There are people here who have experience in accident investigations. In this instance, there were clear mistakes in this incident. I know when I witnessed the video I recognized gross negligence immediately, and I was shocked. And that negligence was not just with the Air Cobra pilot. The fact there wasn’t altitude separation involves multitudes of people and organizations. There is always a long chain of events that leads to any accident, it is never one cause factor. You break any link, the accident is prevented.

Edited by Scooby

I have seen several stories about the P-63 hitting a drone just prior to the mid-air causing the P-63 to alter it's flight path into the B-17.  There is a Youtube video has footage allegedly showing this.  There are so many false stories out on the web on all different subjects, I took it with a grain of salt.

On 11/28/2022 at 10:51 AM, niart17 said:
16 hours ago, Scooby said:

That comment is rather harsh. There are people here who have experience in accident investigations. In this instance, there were clear mistakes in this incident. I know when I witnessed the video I recognized gross negligence immediately, and I was shocked. And that negligence was not just with the Air Cobra pilot. The fact there wasn’t altitude separation involves multitudes of people and organizations. There is always a long chain of events that leads to any accident, it is never one cause factor. You break any link, the accident is prevented.

But I stand by my view that your statement was extremely judgmental and completely out of line. You may feel differently and I respect that. But I feel your statement issued before any facts have been shown says a lot more about you than it does about the pilots involved in the incident. But regardless, have a blessed day sir.

Bill

Based on what has been released so far, the final NTSB report is going to be rather scathing.

Regards,

Murph

17 hours ago, Scooby said:

So insinuating a crash was caused by a brainless "rich" pilot without all evidence is NOT harsh BUT suggesting that before making such judgement one might want to wait for evidence instead of tarnishing a fellow pilot's name is harsh? Wow, you guys never fail to entertain here. Well, I'll apologize if I hurt someone's feelings with such harsh comments. That was not my intention at all. I simply felt the deceased pilots deserved at least a little more respect than rush judgements. I would have thought if anyone here, pilots would have understood that. I guess I was wrong. Sorry.