• 2 weeks later...

This is Revell 1/72 re-issue of Hasegawa's Flanker. The nose cone needed a bit of sanding, also the LERXes but nothing serious... The main issue with this kit, as with Hase F-14s, are engine intakes. It's hard to align them and even harder to putty/sand them... Grrr... The joint will be visible unfortunately, though I tried to cover it us much as I could...

depends of the gap... for larger areas I use Testors Contur Putty and for smaller gaps Mr.Surfacer 1000.

Oh and nice job on your MiG-29s... I feel a bit nostalgic about them serving for my ex-country (Yu) :D Remeber sitting in it as a kid in 1989, but also bad memories arise when I saw them used in anger against our nation. I prefer watching them at airshows :)

Oh and btw the link from your banner to your page is not working :(

This is Revell 1/72 re-issue of Hasegawa's Flanker. The nose cone needed a bit of sanding, also the LERXes but nothing serious... The main issue with this kit, as with Hase F-14s, are engine intakes. It's hard to align them and even harder to putty/sand them... Grrr... The joint will be visible unfortunately, though I tried to cover it us much as I could...

Does the Revell (or ROG?) Su-27 kit come with the Metal & PE that was in the Hasegawa kits? I built the hasgeawa kit a long time ago, but it did not come out that well, as I screwed up the intake allignment, along with some otehr areas :thumbsup:

Nice job dude, post updates when you can.

Rich

Hi Sebastijan, good looking so far!

My parents returned from a two week trip to Germany yesterday and guess what they bought me, yes, this kit. I think it is really looking nice, but euhm, do you also have that problem on you clear parts ( looks like a seam)?

greets,Benjamin

• 2 months later...
I feel a bit nostalgic about them serving for my ex-country (Yu) :worship: Remeber sitting in it as a kid in 1989, but also bad memories arise when I saw them used in anger against our nation.

Yugoslav MiGs-29s were used only against NATO forces in 1999,YAF never used them in combat operations during the wars in Slovenia,Croatia and Bosnia.

29s were all stationed in Batajnica Air Base near Belgrade,but the planes used for ops in Slovenia and Croatia were from Pula AB and Zeljava AB near Bihac (mainly Migs-21 and J-22 Orao).

Your Flanker looks great,I'd love to see pics of finished model. :worship:

Yugoslav MiGs-29s were used only against NATO forces in 1999,YAF never used them in combat operations during the wars in Slovenia,Croatia and Bosnia.

I'll have to disagree with you on this matter... I have a very good eyesight and very good knowledge of aircraft shapes and I know that that day there was 29 over my head - if not for anything else, it had twin tails - which other Yu fighter had them? And it flew at around 500 meters over the terrain, so IDing it wasn't very difficult...

They were not used as bombers,they were solely used as interceptors in YAF.As Slovenia did not have AF back then,so MiGs-29 could not be used in anger aginst Slovenia.Other types were.Probably they tried to intercept Austrian Saabs as they used to fly over the border when **** hit the fan in Slovenia.After all,Slovenia was still part of Yugoslavia then and if MiGs were intercepting foreign A/C in Yugoslav airspace what was wrong with that.Now,other things were terribly wrong and I beleive that all of it should have never happened to people of Yugoslavia,and I don't want to go back and dig all that.All I know is that I was born Yugoslav and raised to love and respect my country and all its people,and I will die with love for my unfortunate country in my hart.:thumbsup:

WellI can assure you that no Austrian Drakens were flying across the border/ hell they were scared to death of the Yugoslav Migs who violated Austrian airspace - at that time, Austrian Drakens were only gun equipped! There's a whole bunch of eye-witnesses of the MiG-29 flights over Slovenia at that time... And if you ask me, what they were doing here, the answer would be pshycological warfare - seeing the MiG-29 (or 21) flying at low level over Ljubljana with supersonic speed and the sonic boom that accompanied it, put quite a lot of fear among the people - how many people knew about sonic booms and when you hear the loud bang during the war time, the sonic boom is the last thing you'll think of....

But let's get back to the topic...

I just finished painting main camo - the camo itself looks great, but I'm not satisfied with the colours - mainly the dark blue one - it looked OK out of the bottle, but the dryer it was on the model, the darker it became... And when I closely examined the colours (I used MM Flanker ones), I figured it out, what reference MM/Testors had for their shade - they are exatly the same (or very near) to those used on NSAWC Tomcat.

Well here's the pic.

5_G.sized.jpg

Yep Skuki, it's gonna be Ukrainian demo bird...

nema problema... :lol:

Hi, currently I am working on same bird. However, I cant be sure to use which colors on it. can you help me? :wacko: (especially it vill be perfect for me if one can tell the model master names...)

Thanks for answer.

Yep Skuki, it's gonna be Ukrainian demo bird...

nema problema... :)

Hi, currently I am working on same bird. However, I cant be sure to use which colors on it. can you help me? :) (especially it vill be perfect for me if one can tell the model master names...)

Thanks for answer.

Do not use MM colours, I can tell you they are wrong, looks good in the botle but on the model..

As far as I know, please correct me if I am wrong, Ukrainian Flankers in splinter scheme does not have the same colors as other Su-27.

So which colors:)??

:thumbsup:

Well, I am preparing to build one and I thought about the colors. There are three colors- light blue, grey and some kind of a midium blue. For light blue I will use MM Flanker medium blue mixed with a lot of white, for grey I'll use MM or Gunze Rlm 75 (it is very similar), and I still don't know which color to use for the medium blue.

• 2 weeks later...