Has anyone built the new tool 1/48 Airfix F-86F-40?

I am a complete F-86 fanatic, at least regarding the airplane itself, but I don't know much about the available kits.  Some time ago, I bought what Eduard was calling 'The Ultimate Sabre' in 1/48, which used Hasegawa plastic, and added some Eduard bits.  I have yet to build that airplane, but my impression is that the Hasegawa plastic wasn't viewed by many as being particularly cutting edge, that is, not very good, and ultimately meaning that this Sabre probably builds into a decent F-86, if not a 'good' one, when you include the Eduard goodies.  Now, Airfix has come out with their new mold (2022) 1/48 F-86F-40, which, it would seem, SHOULD be a better model, given it is using current molding technology.  Does anyone have an opinion about how these two F-86 kits compare?  Which one gives the best build experience in terms of fit and engineering, and does the Airfix kit have enough aftermarket stuff out yet to really doll it up, or does it NEED aftermarket help?  Basically, I'm trying to decide if I should build my Hasegawa/Eduard F-86 and forget the new Airfix, or should I leave the Has/Eduard model in the stash and get the new Airfix and be happy that that's the best 1/48 F-86F out there now?  Opinions welcome, preferably from folks who have built both of these planes.

I never built or even owned the Hase. kit but have built 2 Airfix; the Mk IV and the Norwegian -40. Truthfully, I expected a bit more cosidering some of Airfix smashers. In a nutshell the scribing is overdone and surface detail is just OK. The cockpit is a real downer. There’s a tub with no console detail, very unconvincing decals. There is an engraved instrument panel with a decal and very basic seats both USAF type and MB. The stick is a thin piece of plastic with a blob on the end. The struts, wheels and speed brakes are nice, the clear parts are well done and the really excellent decals are on the plus side of the ledger. Oh, on the -40 you get slats. I cant comment on dimensions or shape but to my eye they look “right”. You get striking box art tho!

On 11/19/2022 at 7:12 AM, Curt B said:

Does anyone have an opinion about how these two F-86 kits compare? 

See my comments on the other thread. You can make a decent model from the Airfix kit, but it's still not the best. I did post a review of the Airfix kit over on Britmodeller when it first came out. There are a few things to look out for.