USS Kitty Hawk CV63 circa 1971………..ACADEMY 1/800

Hi Hajo….it was a bit fiddle because of the size the scale is quite small. The main hull and deck were ok….the aircraft were very tiny about 1.5cm so detailing them was time spent with the loops on.

The kit was well moulded with a one piece hull and fit the deck with minimal problems. I replaced the antennae with thin wire as the kit supplied parts just looked way too thick. Apart from those issues…it was a test of patience and small steps. I’m happy with the outcome. I built the stand and the brass posts are online somewhere. 
Lots of aircraft were supplied with the kit, representing the change in on board weapons over the years.  I chose to do the early 70’s period while seeing combat in Indochina in the Gulf of Tonkin. All the best Hajo

Thank you for the feedback! I built a 1/700 Theodore Roosvelt some years ago and enjoyed it. This model here will propably getting less attention by me, but will surely end up in my office as a nice display of modern sea power.

HAJO

• 3 weeks later...