1/48th Hasegawa A-7D, 4450th TG "raison d'etre"

Masked off the canopy, set it in place temporarily and, sprayed the framing yesterday and today got the A-7 primed. There are a couple of small areas that need further attention before I can move on to the camo scheme. This will be my first ever attempt at doing a wraparound scheme, hopefully it will look acceptable when completed.

I also had to go back and respray the pylons and the travel pod 36081 Euro One Gray instead of the 36118 Gunship Gray. Hasegawa's instructions call for Gunship but, the more I looked at my reference pic and, after consulting with my bud Dave Aungst, went with Euro One and it's much better.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7690.png

(edited)_IMG_7685.png

(edited)_IMG_7683.png

(edited)_IMG_7681.png

(edited)_IMG_7688.png

17 hours ago, RichB63 said:

Looks great Steve…lots of care and attention to detail being put into this project.

Thanks Rich, high praise from someone such as yourself who does amazing things with plastic, very much appreciated.

Steve

3 hours ago, wardog said:

Checking in for the first time; moving along nicely and all the aftermarket upgrades should make for a superb outcome. 

-Elmo

Hello Elmo ! Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Now get back to work on that A-6. 😅

Steve

Since this is my first ever attempt at doing a wraparound camo scheme, a set of old Viking wings decided to help out. I wanted to test the colors and my ability to freehand the patterns. Practice makes perfect they say. 🤞 🤞

Steve

(edited)_(edited)_IMG_7691.png

17 hours ago, BastianD said:

Continue like this and your A-7 will be awesome.

9 hours ago, ExchefAndy said:

If this is you practicing... my hats off to you! As BastianD said, this will be awesome.

Andy

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Steve

12 minutes ago, ST0RM said:

Some Silly Putty snakes could help you follow the lines and give you a sharp, but soft line(s).
Looks great!

I spent a day last week in the booth trying, masks, Blue Tac, elevated paper templates but, wasn't getting the results I wanted. Free hand seemed to give me the soft edge I was looking for. We'll see how it goes I guess.

Steve

Edited by A-10 LOADER

Another airbrush session in the booth today and, the Dark Green is on. Pretty satisfied considering this is my first attempt at a wraparound scheme free hand. Some minor fixes to address but, she's getting there.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7711.png

(edited)_IMG_7712.png

5 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Another airbrush session in the booth today and, the Dark Green is on. Pretty satisfied considering this is my first attempt at a wraparound scheme free hand. Some minor fixes to address but, she's getting there.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7711.png

(edited)_IMG_7712.png

Well done, she gets the looks

7 hours ago, BastianD said:

Well done, she gets the looks

Thank you.

2 hours ago, RichB63 said:

A deft piece of paintwork…very impressive. What kind of airbrush did you use for the camo?

Rich

Thanks very much Rich.

I used my Paasche VL with a #1 needle.

Steve