1/48th Hasegawa A-7D, 4450th TG "raison d'etre"

Since the Gray sprayed much nicer than the green, I decided to go back and tighten up the pattern to make it more to scale. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not but, now that's it's all done, I think it looks much better. My hands were not as shaky as yesterday and that really helped. Finished up the landing gear doors and the horizontal stabs also. Gloss coat up next.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7716.png

(edited)_IMG_7717.png

(edited)_IMG_7718.png

(edited)_IMG_7719.png

(edited)_IMG_7714.png

(edited)_IMG_7715.png

Edited by A-10 LOADER
11 hours ago, Mr.Happy said:

She’s really taking shape.

Nice paint work.

Keep up your great work.

Take care,

Mr. Happy

7 hours ago, BastianD said:

Following and enjoying, nice to see this Corsair from the dark side

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Steve

Had a productive day yesterday and got all the A-7's decals on that I could do. I'm just waiting on the "LV" tailcode and serial number, for the tail and, she'll be finished. A good friend of mine is helping me with those specific markings.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7724.png

(edited)_IMG_7723.png

Since I'm waiting on my decals I decided to work on the canopy framing. I added the mirrors and made a grab handle. These items are very noticeable when the canopy is raised. Some masking and some paint and this will be ready to attach to the canopy when the time comes.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7725.png

Just finished up the decals thanks to my friend Dave Aungst. He made the tailcode and serial number for me. I wanted to build the exact jet that visited our local base back in the day, the former Willow Grove NAS. Once these are dry I'll give her another coat of gloss to seal everything in.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7728.png

(edited)_IMG_7729.png

Ron, Rich, Wardog, Da SWO and, CJ thanks guys for the kind words.

Everything got it's final flat coat this morning. Tomorrow I'll start unmasking and see how I did. Getting closer to the finish line.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7732.png