F-16D block 30 Hasegawa 1/48

Hey, guys,

another piece finished...cockpit Aires, armament AIM-9 Reskit, Harms, Amraams and wheels are Brassin ...AN/ALQ-184 is from Tamiya...decals are Afterburnes + Kinetic leftovers...it has a lot of bugs and I've never built a more unlucky model... 3 x broken antennas (I lost the original ones so I had to make them from evergreen), wheels broken off and glued on the second time...decals from Eduard on Harm were only half successful but luckily I had leftovers from Kinetic...at the end I was lacking morale so I gave myself an ultimatum to finish on 20th november or it would fly...so I'm happy with the showcase because I wanted to make a two-piece and also to use the Afterburnes decals as much as possible...

a few pics and I'll be glad for comments...

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

3 hours ago, habu2 said:

Nice build, one comment - I don't believe the Block 30 were wired to carry/utilize the HTS pod on the inlet station (5R)

Correct they weren't, that would be the Block 50/52 jets. DC ANG doesn't do the SEAD mission.

Steve

Edited by A-10 LOADER

hey folks...thanks for the responses...and some new info for me...you're right it's a DC ANG but I didn't address what missions they were doing...photos of this machine I found only unarmed with tanks but I wanted to have the armament on the model....I wanted this weapon configuration because I like it and the Block 30 is capable of carrying HARMs so I figured the HTS was OK...

Initially Block 30/32 carried HARMs in the "hunter/killer" role, teamed with F-4Gs in USAFE.  The Phantom searched for and identified the target (hunter) and the Viper fired the HARM (killer).  Later the AN/ASQ-213 HTS (HARM Targeting System) pod was developed to give Block 50/52 Vipers full SEAD capability without relying on the F-4G.  I don't think Block 30/32s were ever retrofitted to utilize the HTS pod.

Very nicely built and nice weathering. 

You have a fine looking F-16D there. Great job and way to go with seeing it through to the end despite the set backs you had mentioned.

Keep building and beautifully done, 

Mr. Happy