Seeking Info on C-141B SOLL II Aircraft

6 hours ago, UKPonchoMan said:

Here's one I prepared earlier... hope it's of use!

C-141B 67-0013 FROM THE PIMA AIR & SPACE MUSEUM

Chris

Also great reference for my non-SOLL C-141B project (someday). Interesting how it appears to be a McGuire tail flash superimposed over Charleston markings...

Thanks!

Chris

Edited by Gator52

I was organizing my image files today and found these from a trip in 2014.  I didn't realize what I was photographing at the time, I was in aircraft overload.  This is the jet at Pima, they don't really add much to the excellent walk-around posted by UKPonchoMan, but here they are:

ZwNfYAp.jpg

ULzJWS0.jpg

Full-size crops from the original 20 MP image:

vJtEmMI.jpg

gUkm2jJ.jpg

But here's the prize shot - I was on a photo trip with Jake Melampy, we had rented a plane for an aerial photo tour of the Davis-Monthan Boneyard, and we also overflew Pima.  I just happened to get a shot of the C-141 that shows the upper antenna locations that couldn't be seen very well from ground level.  The (cropped) image is 2772 x 1554 so click then click again for the full resolution image:

p1fJJvK.jpg

Edited by habu2
  • 1 month later...

The World Air Power Journal Volume 42 is definitely worth spending some effort to find; it even included cockpit photos. 

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph