Last 4 days before the B-21 reveal

Time really does fly - we now have only four days before the B-21 roll-out on December 2 (this coming Friday). USAF had said photography would be allowed (with some limitations on lenses and angles) - so we will finally get to see what it looks like.

1 hour ago, ST0RM said:

I'm hoping she coughs up a patch...

Back in 1988 when the B-2 was rolled out my girlfriend's brother worked for one of the local LA newspapers (remember those?)  He gave me the etched metal plate they used to print the rollout photo on the front page. (this image)

800px-B2_bomber_initial_rollout_ceremony

I still have it, safely stored away ..

4 hours ago, habu2 said:

Back in 1988 when the B-2 was rolled out my girlfriend's brother worked for one of the local LA newspapers (remember those?)  He gave me the etched metal plate they used to print the rollout photo on the front page. (this image)

800px-B2_bomber_initial_rollout_ceremony

I still have it, safely stored away ..

I like the star formed with B-2 shapes.

I also have a B-2 coffee cup from the program, it has the B-2 star logo in heat sensitive paint so when you fill the cup with hot coffee the logo "uncloaks" and magically appears.

I worked on the flight simulator for the B-2, but we were told it was just an engineering sim. not a specific aircraft.  We did the out-the-window CGI visuals.  Northrop would cover up all the instruments when we were in the cockpit so we couldn't see anything but the window frames.

Edited by habu2
9 hours ago, habu2 said:

I also have a B-2 coffee cup from the program, it has the B-2 star logo in heat sensitive paint so when you fill the cup with hot coffee the logo "uncloaks" and magically appears.

I worked on the flight simulator for the B-2, but we were told it was just an engineering sim. not a specific aircraft.  We did the out-the-window CGI visuals.  Northrop would cover up all the instruments when we were in the cockpit so we couldn't see anything but the window frames..

Between the etched plate and coffee cup, you've got some cool memorabilia. I did speak with her vis text yesterday and she tracked down some good loot for me. 
And the flight sim work, thats an story. 

3 hours ago, Ken Cartwright said:

I found one reference that said 4:30pm PST/7:30pm EST

I just read that the time is now 8:00pm Eastern time....I'll be watching via the Youtube post (above in Kursad's post).

Edited by fasteagle12

I personally have no expectation of being surprised, we know the renderings came from USAF and reflected the actual design. It is still exciting to witness the actual aircraft for the first time and observe some of the details, e.g. the coating, shapes of antennae and openings etc.

10 minutes ago, KursadA said:

I personally have no expectation of being surprised, we know the renderings came from USAF and reflected the actual design. It is still exciting to witness the actual aircraft for the first time and observe some of the details, e.g. the coating, shapes of antennae and openings etc.

I heard that there are going to be a lot of restrictions on photo angles, videos, etc.  Hopefully, we'll be able to see some of those details..

13 minutes ago, KursadA said:

I was a bit surprised the coating seems to be a lighter gray

Well ... it may be the coating for the rollout, it may be "The" coating, it may be a simulated coating because of it being a prototype test article, it may be the regular service coating because it is the prototype test article.

But the true issue here is, when is the model kit with full interior detail being issued and in which scales?

I must say, for all the advanced technology on display, whoever was responsible for the closed captioning really dropped the ball.  The worst was when they introduced Kathy Warner as Caffeine Warner in the caption...  :doh: