Color of Current Mi-28NMs and Ka-52s???

I've seen pix of Mi-28NMs and Ka-52s used in Ukraine. They seem to be a grey, a bit lighter than Gunship grey. Does anybody know what color it's most close to?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Matt Ponas

r-Mi-28NM Night Havoc-002a.jpg

Edited by MattP
  • MattP changed the title to Color of Current Mi-28NMs and Ka-52s???

Dark grey scheme used from 2010 to 2014-2015, later start use again standard grey-green scheme. About shade of Dark Grey - it can be actually diffrerent.

And helicopters in Dark grey schemes after 3-4-5 years of operate strongly wearing off.

Dear Sirs,

I believe the color is called Eggplant Gray.  Hataka makes paint for it:  A-230 Dark Eggplant Gray,    A-296 Faded Dark Eggplant Gray.  At one time I had references to the colors but I don't know where it is.  I'll try to find it and let everyone know.

3 hours ago, Newtonk said:

photo_2022-11-30_15-33-31.jpg

Interesting markings, do you or anyone else no more about details behind them? Feel free to PM if considered about peoples sensibilities on the markings.

2 hours ago, Steven H. McLain said:

I found that Revell-Germany says to use the following:  60% #9 Anthracte Grat plus 40% #302 Semi-Gloss Black

Thanks for tracking that down. 

On 12/2/2022 at 12:36 AM, Tank said:

Interesting markings, do you or anyone else no more about details behind them? Feel free to PM if considered about peoples sensibilities on the markings.

I intend on using these as a guide to finish my Trumpy Hind in 1/35. 

Fj4TyEYJBxo.jpg

QCliqTSgKbs.jpg