So I don't know if these things work or if manufacturers pay any attention to model sites but here goes.

What is your most wanted helicopter kit and in what scale.

Mine is the Sikorsky HH-3E Jolly Green Giant in 1/48.   Such an iconic aircraft and I can't believe it's never been kitted in this scale.

Where do we start? My choices would be the following:

1. Alouette III in 1/32 scale (preferably by Revell Germany)

2. 1/72 HH-3E

3. 1/35 Huey UH-1D/H

4. A new 1/32 Hughes 500C/D series (again by Revell Germany)

5. 1/72 Bell 407 

6. 1/72 Kaman HOK-1/HUK-1

7. A new 1/72 Gazelle kit   

8. A new 1/72 Westland Scout/Wasp series in injection moulded plastic

9. 1/72 MD600N

10. 1/72 MD900/902 in plastic

None of these might ever see the light of day but it's always fun to speculate.

LD.

Edited by Loach Driver

1/35th scale OH-58A Kiowa is a good call. One of the OH-58A+ RAID Kiowas on tall skids would be great!

I forgot to mention the AW139 in 1/72 scale!

In 1/144 scale, I'd love to see the following;

1. An HH-52A Seaguard!

2. A CH-53E. Might as well throw in an MH-53E Sea Dragon too.

3. CH-53A-D series. Revell have a fine kit but it is really only available as a CH-53A. If their HH-53C kit was rereleased it would fill the gap.

4. CH-46 series. Lots of great scheme for this stalwart.

5. UH/MH/HH-60 series of Blackhawks. The Dragon kit is very rare now and going for ridiculous prices. An up-to-date kit would be good.

6. HH-3E series. AFV Club did a brilliant Sea King in 1/144 so some new fuselage parts and landing gear and they could add the rest from their existing kit.

7. UH-34/S-58 series.

8. CH-54 Tarhe. 1/144 would be a good scale for this big lifter.

9. Sikorsky S-92.

10. Sikorsky S-55 series.

LD. 

Edited by Loach Driver

The HH-3E is certainly proving popular. It is sadly overlooked, at least as far as a modern tooling is concerned. The old 1/72 Revell kit could be kit-bashed with a modern Sea King kit to produce a decent model. The Whirlybirds resin kit needs a high level of skill, from what I have seen. 

The Pave Pig from OP Desert Storm would be a nice subject to build.

LD.

19 hours ago, Loach Driver said:

The HH-3E is certainly proving popular. It is sadly overlooked, at least as far as a modern tooling is concerned. The old 1/72 Revell kit could be kit-bashed with a modern Sea King kit to produce a decent model. The Whirlybirds resin kit needs a high level of skill, from what I have seen. 

The Pave Pig from OP Desert Storm would be a nice subject to build.

LD.

Pave Pig???   Not sure what that is.  

https://www.airliners.net/photo/USA-Air-Force/Sikorsky-HH-3E-Jolly-Green-Giant-S-61R/410994/L?qsp=eJx1jbEOgkAQRP9laxoC0XCdNJZa%2BAObvVEvQbjsbQEh/LvckdjZTd6bzKwk02iY7bFEkKMEVnlTRZGVP4ncShxUlJ/Wcwpy1Or63DXVz1wxQv84cm3bZZAmtX7ZLzwbLiKIBk8Hv6mHZoUk5fuVh/YAvZdMzWnnPqQ4cNmAcRho275R5D8R

They called this version the Pave Pig. It was the HH-3 with some upgrades like FLIR and dual Disco Lights and I'd guess other defensive aids. It received these mods for service in the first Gulf War and served as a CSAR asset. I think they were only deployed at the very start of the war and were withdrawn as soon as enough other combat SAR assets were in place, presumably Pave Low IIIs. It's an interesting version of the HH-3.

LD.