New tool:

-Twin Cobra family in 1/48 and 1/35 (or 32nd): AH-1J, AH-1T, AH-1W (early and late ((NTS)) variants)

-1/48 and 1/35 UH-1E

-1/48 CH-37 Mojave

-1/35 UH-1N

-1/35 UH-1Y

-1/35 CH-46

-1/35 CH-53D and E (and K!)

-Did I mention a J and T model Cobra?!?

Cheers,

Ski

On 12/5/2022 at 10:14 AM, fasteagle12 said:

Just to make sure, which kit should be used as a basis for the CMK conversion?  The MH-6 'Stealth' kit?

Sorry Fasteagle, we seem to have left you hanging.   I think all the Academy kits have the same basic molding with the exception of the one kit that is ASW (long leg skids).   My MH-6 Stealth kit came with a heavily tinted canopy that had a yellow/orangish tint to it.   At one point I had a kit with a lightly smoked tint which would have been great but i haven't been able to find that kit again.   I thought it was the CHP police version.   For my CMK conversions I picked up a couple of the Police kits and was going to lightly tint the bubble with Tamiya smoke.   Hopefully, others with more knowledge of the Killer Egg will weigh in.

But a dedicated AH/MH-6 MELB kit would be most excellent.

Edited by Drifterdon
8 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

Sorry Fasteagle, we seem to have left you hanging.   I think all the Academy kits have the same basic molding with the exception of the one kit that is ASW (long leg skids).   My MH-6 Stealth kit came with a heavily tinted canopy that had a yellow/orangish tint to it.   At one point I had a kit with a lightly smoked tint which would have been great but i haven't been able to find that kit again.   I thought it was the CHP police version.   For my CMK conversions I picked up a couple of the Police kits and was going to lightly tint the bubble with Tamiya smoke.   Hopefully, others with more knowledge of the Killer Egg will weigh in.

Thanks for the response, Don.  I guess the CHP is the way to go for the update.  I haven't decided to pull the trigger yet but if I do, I'll know what to use.

1/72 S-92

1/72 H225

1/72 AW139

1/72 Bell 214ST

1/72 /48 Bell 407

1/48 H145

1/48 MD530F

1/48 H300

please..

And oh yeah: as said by JohnEB: no need to go crazy on the parts number!  

Edited by GeejeeZ
On 12/7/2022 at 11:31 AM, Drifterdon said:

I went ahead and bought the Academy CHP kit and have the CMK set inbound as well.  Thanks for the suggestions.

On 12/13/2022 at 9:25 AM, GeejeeZ said:

1/48 H300

One can only hope AMP does a 300 boxing of their planned 1/48 TH-55.

Turns out a lot mine have been said already but in no particular order:

1/48 and 1/32(35) Hughes 500C with high skids

1/48 and 1/32(35) Bell 206B

1/48 and 1/32(35) Hiller H-23/UH-12

1/48 and 1/32(35) Robinson R-22

1/72 injection-moulded Sikorsky S-67

1/48 Bell Model 30 NX41868

1/48 Cierva C.19 Mk.III

1/72 Bell Model 533

1/72 Sikorsky X-59A

Coming late to the party, what all you guys posted plus:

1/32 RAH-66 Comanche (yes, I know it was not put into production but it is a cool helicopter)

These only because I have flown them

1/48 or 1/32 Bo105CB-4 / CBS

1/48 or 1/32 Bell 206L-4

1/48 or 1/32 BK117

1/48 or 1/32 OH-58C with both standard & flat windshields & vertical IR exhaust 

1/48 or 1/32 Augusta 109CMax

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

1/48 & 1/35

Bell 206 Jet Ranger

Bell 206 Long Ranger

Bell Oh48A Kiowa

Bell UH-1D (1/35)

Westland Wasp

Aerospatiale Alouette III

Aerospatiale SA330 Puma

Aerospatiale Super Frelon (1/48) Or the Chinese built version

6 hours ago, the_enforcer said:

I'd like the option to build a Rogerson Hiller RH-1100 in 1/35. My brother in-law owns a fairly significant example he in New Zealand and it would be nice to put one together for him, despite the obvious fact that he has a 1:1 scale in his hangar.

Wow, a rare ship today. I haven't seen one in 40+ years.

Talk about a star-crossed design....many think it was the best of the three LOH designs (the OH-4-5-6.  Bell OH-4 which once it had a pretty fuselage became the JetRanger and OH-58. It was the OH-5, and of course the Hughes 369/500 was the OH-6).

In the book "Whirlybirds" by Jay Spencer (and published by the Seattle Museum of Flight), it relates how Hiller decided at the last moment NOT to bid on the second LOH contract, which it, not Bell, would have won.

A very promising design...but little produced.

Edited by JohnEB

An accurate, interior included, well detailed 1/32-1/35 Kaman H43B Huskie. It's lineage from the first turbine powered helicopter, Kaman Ka-225 thru the radial engined HOK. Not to mention the intermeshing rotors technology from Anton Flettner. Flettner became an chief engineer for Kaman who came to this country via Operation Paperclip. Between the H43B and the latest incarnation of the intermeshing rotor system, K-Max,  this is a historical helicopter that should be available to we Rotorheads.

Jager

"Living on Tulsa Time"

Edited by jager

Oh,

I should include a 1/72nd scale late UH-1N from the Marine Corps with all the lumps and bumps and weps.  Looks like NOBODY will produce a resin update set for the decent Italeri kit, so.......!

WARDOG

Edited by Glynn Jacobs
Additions and corrections
2 minutes ago, Glynn Jacobs said:

Oh,

I should include a 1/72nd scale late UH-1N from the Marine Corps with all the lumps and bumps and keeps.  Looks like NOBODY will produce a resin update set so.......!

WARDOG

I second you there...I have a Fujimi N and have been hoping for an upgrade set...I thought Flying Leathernecks might do a set, but it's been awhile since that was mentioned.