1/48 Hasegawa F-22A Hawaii

I haven't done a in progress build for a long, long, time.  I am working on a Hasegawa F-22A for the last month or so. I picked up three from Tower Hobbies for $25 each back in the day on a Black Friday special.  I can't believe how much they are now.  This is my first Has Raptor and I have been pretty pleased with the fit and accuracy. I am going to use Caracal's newly released F-22 decals for the Hawaii Air National Guard.

I am having trouble with the finish. My previous build was Mod Eagle F-15C. The paint I have is a good match for the Eagle but the metallic sheen seems to give a different visual impression of Raptor's Mod Eagle finish. The Mod Eagle dark gray has a brownish tint vs a blue tint on the F-15C. I though if I dirtied up the model it come close, but now I am no sure. I preshaded and did a little post shading also with both the Aggressor Gray and Mod Eagle Dark Gray from Xtracrilix. The progress pics are below. I didn't like a how it turned out so I darkened with a light coat of Tamiya IJN Gray, then lightened the darker camouflage pattern with the Aggressor Gray and then blended it in with a light coat of Mod Eagle Dark Gray. I don't know if I should leave it or do something else. The last pic shows the aircraft with the unweathered horizontal stab. I kind of don't want to go down the road of adding a metallic sheen.

52534599266_d88d4269bc_b.jpg52534598961_e823388323_b.jpg52535140828_2a2e3b0f7b_b.jpg52534599046_b11fac9278_b.jpg