F-15E aftermarket weapons load

Im building an old Revell F-15E I had stored in  my stash. Really a great kit regrettably its discontinued but anywho, Id like to dress it up with a nice weapons load out. The kit weapons are ok but Id like something better... Can anyone recommend a nice detailed set of weapons w/crisp decals and detail for 1/48 scale? 

Thanks!! 

Here's a pic from 2017: wing tanks, 3x AIM-120Cs, 1x AIM-9M, 4 x GBU-39 SDBs on the centerline, 2 x GBU-12s on the right CFT (they don't like to carry GBU-12s on the back stations because the birdies get beat up if you fly too fast) and 3 x GBU-38s on the left CFT. Loading EVERY station looks cool, but isn't always done.

170706-f-lr947-0086.jpg

14 hours ago, mrvark said:

Here's a pic from 2017: wing tanks, 3x AIM-120Cs, 1x AIM-9M, 4 x GBU-39 SDBs on the centerline, 2 x GBU-12s on the right CFT (they don't like to carry GBU-12s on the back stations because the birdies get beat up if you fly too fast) and 3 x GBU-38s on the left CFT. Loading EVERY station looks cool, but isn't always done.

170706-f-lr947-0086.jpg

That's one of the coolest looking loadouts I've seen.  Will do that when I eventually build my mud hen.

27 minutes ago, Ed DeVivo said:

Regarding the Eduard sets, which look sharp as hell, I dont see any decal sheet to accompany them for the small lettering whereas the ResKit, I do.. 

Most of the Eduard kits do include stenciling. If you have any questions about a particular kit, look it up on their website and open the instruction sheet .pdf--that will tell you for sure.

On 12/6/2022 at 12:26 PM, Ed DeVivo said:

Im building an old Revell F-15E I had stored in  my stash. Really a great kit regrettably its discontinued but anywho, Id like to dress it up with a nice weapons load out. The kit weapons are ok but Id like something better... Can anyone recommend a nice detailed set of weapons w/crisp decals and detail for 1/48 scale? 

Thanks!! 

G'day Ed,

I agree that Eduard, Reskit et al do amazing weapons but I think their decal sheets let them down a bit. Also, as good as these weapons look, you are also on your own regarding fit as they are typically not designed to work with the kit suspension parts which can be frustrating.

Additionally, some of the reson weaps will need careful cleanup to get the parts aligned properly.

Thinking a little left field, perhaps consider buying an Academy 1/48 F-15E kit. I have the F-15I boxing and the box is crammed with an abundance of weapons that go together very well and the box includes a second decal sheet just with weapons markings (printed by Cartograph) which went down beautifully.

By the time you buy all you AM weaps you will probably have spent more than the Acad kit ( which is also nice BTW). think of it as a weapons set with a kit thrown in!

cheers,

Pappy

Wow Papi121 never thought of that.. I might just actually do that. I'm wondering though, regarding the  Hasegawa Weapons Set, which version would be the the one? The A, B, D etc... Many thanks for yours and all of these great responses! Love seeing the hobby so alive and well!!! 

36 minutes ago, Ed DeVivo said:

Wow Papi121 never thought of that.. I might just actually do that. I'm wondering though, regarding the  Hasegawa Weapons Set, which version would be the the one? The A, B, D etc... Many thanks for yours and all of these great responses! Love seeing the hobby so alive and well!!! 

What specific ordnance load are you thinking about doing? As I mentioned above, I did mine as a Desert Storm bird, which I believe the Revell kit most accurately depicts. I used Hasegawa WS D's for the GBU-12s.

While I am on this topic, and I truly appreciate all the responses and help, I cant help but wonder why Revell stopped production o the F-15E.. The moulding was excellent, and the plastic was quality. Slight fit issues but really nothing to complain about. 

I'm guessing that G.W.H. is the go to now??  Really a shame because of the price. The Revell offering was $28.00-36.00 last one I bought.. 

39 minutes ago, Ed DeVivo said:

I'm guessing that G.W.H. is the go to now??  Really a shame because of the price. The Revell offering was $28.00-36.00 last one I bought.. 

The GWH isn't perfect. It has some issues, look for some reviews.  Really I still think the Revell is the best bang for the buck.  The biggest problem with the Revell to me is that it represents a Desert Storm era jet, so it needs updates if you want to do a more modern airframe.

I'm thinking I like the Eduard set from the looks of the missiles.. Is there a good US distributor who has these? IM not having much luck, only w/ Russian ordinance. The AMK is nice, but probably specific to their Tomcat and racks... Many many thanks for the responses.. Its been years since I've built anything and I'm really out of the loop with retailers, etc.. 

On 12/16/2022 at 2:00 PM, Ed DeVivo said:

The thing is, I believe Revell pulled the plug on this kit several years ago.. What a shame!

I don't think they've popped it since Revell-Monogram USA went bankrupt in 2018 (as part of the Hobbico bankruptcy)

The current incarnation of Revell is the old Revell of Germany organization which became independent again after Hobbico disappeared, they did acquire the Revell-Monogram USA molds when they were liquidated in 2018, but they have not put many of them back into production.