Eagle Experts Questions

Evening gents,

So I'm thinking of doing a 57th FIS F-15C, and I have the 1/48 DACO sheet. As far as I can tell from ref pics, this sheet would put the Eagles in Kef somewhere between '92-'94. My questions are:

1. Were these MSIP birds?

2. If so, did they have the MPCDs on the instrument panels?

3. Did they have the tailhook fairings?

4. Did the ACES II have the canopy breakers attached on the headrests? 

I've tried google, but the info/pics are a bit lacking...any info is much appreciated!

By no means an expert so happy to be corrected, but based on having the same sheet in 1/72 and accumulating all the 57th FIS Eagle reference images I've been able to find:

1) Non-MSIP (at least they do not have the telltale "nose pimples" I understand are a sign of that upgrade)

2) See above

3) I believe this varied at the timeframe in question, but this photo shows the AFI CO bird did not:

http://www.verslo.is/baldur/1024/f15c-afi-024.jpg

4) Don't believe any C/D models had canopy breakers on the seats during this timeframe.

17 hours ago, Quixote74 said:

By no means an expert so happy to be corrected, but based on having the same sheet in 1/72 and accumulating all the 57th FIS Eagle reference images I've been able to find:

1) Non-MSIP (at least they do not have the telltale "nose pimples" I understand are a sign of that upgrade)

2) See above

3) I believe this varied at the timeframe in question, but this photo shows the AFI CO bird did not:

http://www.verslo.is/baldur/1024/f15c-afi-024.jpg

4) Don't believe any C/D models had canopy breakers on the seats during this timeframe.

The canopy breakers started showing up on the C and D models round the 90 to 91 timeframe.

Regards,

Murph