Accurate Models 1/12 Gemini Capsule model

I'm a fan of the Gemini Spacecraft and recall that they stopped production of the 1/12 Gemini because the cost was gonna be way too high for us oh so poor modellers to buy.  Plus the other markets, like Movies, just weren't there. So I doubt anybody was gonna step in and continue the project.

Though I wasn't planning on buying one, I was one of those drooling over the detail they were putting into the model.

And I may be incorrect, but there was a 3D modeller, he did a gorgeous Gemini Astronaut and spectacular LM, John -------, anyway he passed away and he may have been working on the Gemini too ... but I'm not too sure right now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Holy (insert expletive here)!!!  $2150.00 for that!??  😱😬😵😲😣🤢🤮   I guess you know what they say about a fool and their money, right?  My wallet saw that and took off running screaming "yike yike yike yike yike yike" like a scared dog.  I'm sure this kit is nice and all of that but at that price they can stick it!   With a 3D printer and a little scratch building you can make your own 1/12 Gemini capsule (and even add lights) for a lot less money. 

SpacecraftGuy, you're correct but still, even $900 is TOO high!!  I can see maybe (emphasis on maybe) that being around $400 (+/-) but that's about it.  Aside from that, 3D printing is slowly taking hold and its only a matter of time to where if you want a something you can make it yourself.  These model making companies had better take notice....or they just might price themselves tight out of business! 💀