AF Ugly Green FS#?

• 1 month later...

Over a month late responding, but do a Google search on interior green colors.  It varies widely due to the metal it’s painted on, manufacture of the coating, etc.  Apparently the interior green colors have always been a “non-standard” color for various reasons. I did read that back during WWII a request was made to stop using the “yellow-green” coatings since it was too bright for cockpits.  The Mr. Color interior green now comes the lighter yellow shade of green.  I simply add in black to get the tone I’m looking for. 

Nice! A C-130 seat in your work room. It was seafoam green. I have used Sky Type S to represent it 

and some herk interiors were a sky blue on the flight deck with a tan color upper. The C-141 interior 

was that same color set as well. The C-5 cargo compartment was that seafoam green up to 114 inches 

then that tan color above. 

Cheers...Ron

2 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

Nice! A C-130 seat in your work room. It was seafoam green. I have used Sky Type S to represent it 

and some herk interiors were a sky blue on the flight deck with a tan color upper. The C-141 interior 

was that same color set as well. The C-5 cargo compartment was that seafoam green up to 114 inches 

then that tan color above. 

Cheers...Ron

Thanks, I am refurbishing the seat, will develop my airbrush skills by painting the seat.

4 hours ago, Da SWO said:

Thanks, I am refurbishing the seat, will develop my airbrush skills by painting the seat.

Airbrush?  Man, you’ll be there all week spraying that thing. Go pick up a $20 detail gun at Harbor Freight. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seafoam green was quite popular in the A.F.  The inside of our barracks had the same color.  Eventually we got used to it, tired of it and it became somewhat of a bad comment.  Every barracks and most of the offices had the same color.  If you flew you had t be surrounded by the same color.