1/48 Decals: USAF Serials in Red?

4 hours ago, Spruemeister said:

Woodland Scenics has a dry transfer sheet with 45 degree corners.  Multiple sizes in mm.  I have used their black letters on NMF.  No carrier film to hide.

Rick L.

Rick - I'm very intrigued by this. I looked up the sheets in question and they look like they would do the trick, and more. Do you have experience using these on aircraft? Would they adhere to a gloss surface?

1 hour ago, latormentabritanica said:

Rick - I'm very intrigued by this. I looked up the sheets in question and they look like they would do the trick, and more. Do you have experience using these on aircraft? Would they adhere to a gloss surface?

They will adhere to gloss. I did an experiment to see if they could be removed after application and as such be used as a mask of sorts. I could not get them off the test part. I believe they may have a pressure sensitive adhesive. Very stubborn so be sure you have all your alignment as you want it before committing to rubbing them down. 

Rick L. 

On 12/11/2022 at 3:08 AM, latormentabritanica said:

Very interesting. How much would this cost? (Sorry, typo, I was asking about Rob about the cost of the decal sheet).

If you just need a set of two 12" serial number with a 5" 'U.S. AIR FORCE' above it, and nothing more (buzz codes for example), say 7.50 euros including shipping. Consider it a tiny custom decal order.

Rob

Edited by Rob de Bie
On 12/12/2022 at 1:20 PM, Rob de Bie said:

If you just need a set of two 12" serial number with a 5" 'U.S. AIR FORCE' above it, and nothing more (buzz codes for example), say 7.50 euros including shipping. Consider it a tiny custom decal order.

Rob

I'm still in the research phase, but once I narrow down which serial numbers I need, I'll let you know. I'd need the tail serials with the "U.S. AIR FORCE" above them, plus the "BB-XXX" codes on the rear fuselage.

16 hours ago, latormentabritanica said:

I'm still in the research phase, but once I narrow down which serial numbers I need, I'll let you know. I'd need the tail serials with the "U.S. AIR FORCE" above them, plus the "BB-XXX" codes on the rear fuselage.

Including the buzz numbers will bump the cost to 10 euros including shipping. As you can see, the price is approaching that of regular aftermarket decal sheet, like I wrote earlier.

I cannot find the correct size of the buzz numbers - photos seem to show two sizes. I hope you know more.

Rob