Sprue Goo....

Most of the articles on YouTube say to use Tamiya Extra Thin for making Sprue Goo.
235143-58891-57-1080.jpg

However, I wonder if Tamiya Limonene Cement Extra Thin can be used instead?
280953-14813-39-pristine.jpg

I assume both have the same ingredients (except the "citrus" ingredient).

Would it also make it smell less toxic?

Scott
CNJC-IPMS

I actually recommend not creating "sprue goo". If you watch Will Patterson's video on this topic, he explains it much much better than I can. But basically, the impurities in the styrene are not a good thing for filler. However, I can say having used sprue goo for several years...you get shrinkage over time and even slight "holes" in the seam. Instead use dental powder and super glue, it goes rock hard and stays hard for years and years. 

Limonene is just Tamiya white top with a nice lemon smell to stop solvent abuse.

Its got to much binding agent in it. What you really need to do is melt the plastic and keep it suspended in the solution and then a rapid evaporation once you put it in place.

Tamiya Airbrush cleaner is actually a better choice than Tamiya green top glue, as it has slightly less of the butyl acetate in it, which binds the applied liquid once applied, which is why Tamiya green top is slightly better than Airbrush cleaner to glue parts together.

Tamiya lemon and green top and not the same at all. You can download their SDS's and see yourself but if you want to make a decent batch of sprue goo then use either Tamiya green top or airbrush cleaner, it has the best mix of chemicals needed to make it work well.