How to mask curved shapes?

Neu,

I was dragged to my wife's scrapbooking store and there I found a semi transparent film called MASKING MAGIC. It is similar to frisket paper. It bends to about any surface. I just did an F-15 with it and just put it on a Prowler.

Comes off easy with no residue or bleed under.

Just a thought.

Rod

• 1 month later...
Neu,

I was dragged to my wife's scrapbooking store and there I found a semi transparent film called MASKING MAGIC.  It is similar to frisket paper.  It bends to about any surface.  I just did an F-15 with it and just put it on a Prowler.

Comes off easy with no residue or bleed under.

Just a thought.

Rod

Rod

Could you describe me what is that exactly? Maybe it's becouse of my bad english, but I cannot figure out what material is it :thumbsup: I never found a material that bends in ALL direction and suitable for masking curved shapes on curved surfaces, like a curved antiglare panel on an F-14 for example (or the darker gray area on today's F-14 above the 200 Here)

Greetings, neu

Hey Pierre

Using BMF for masking? You cover it fully and trim it to the correct shape with sharp blade?

Greetings, neu

As you say, neu. Cover entirely (maybe with smaller strips of BMF, and trim / cut out the frames with a NEW scalpel blade. You just have to draw your scalpel over the BMF, it is very thin.

Brunish the edges with a toothpick, et voilà :thumbsup:

Pierre

PS: loved your personal cooking oven

Okay...so I need a very accurate hand ;) I'll try it on scrap if I can find BMF....I never sew it here :) Maybe I'll try it with masking tape or something similar.

Greetings, neu

ps: thanks for the compliment about my cooking device :thumbsup: