Scale model of the Apollo 11 Hatch ?

Good Morning;

I realize I’m a bit late to the party, but I recently saw the Adam Savage video regarding a collective effort to build a 1/1 scale model of the Apollo 11 hatch…..I think it was titled “Project Egress”, or something similar.  Regardless, it was quite enjoyable and I was wondering if anyone had for sale a large scale working model of this hatch in say 1/6, 1/4, or 1/3 scale?  I just thought that would be a fantastic project, and a great addition to a collectors display.

Jack

https://www.si.edu/newsdesk/releases/smithsonian-releases-high-resolution-3-d-model-apollo-11-command-module-explore-and-print

https://3d.si.edu/object/3d/command-module-apollo-11:d8c63e8a-4ebc-11ea-b77f-2e728ce88125

I think you can download the files from the second link, I'm browsing on my phone so I didn't try downloading. 

Edited by habu2

Are either still available (Or were they ever) for sale?  I’d think the 1/2 scale would afford the greater detailing of the original.  Thank you very much for showing….it looks incredibly good, in fact the picture outside I had to look at closely to determine it’s scale….fabulous!

Jack

That’s fantastic….please keep me posted!!  I’m curious about the finishing post printing of your pieces…do you use SLA type methods?  Also, if I may ask, your painting and treatment of parts is outstanding….I’d be interested in knowing products or techniques used….unless you offer these services for extra?