Cockpit interior paint colour of Me 410 at RAF Museum Cosford?

Hi all,

I'm posting this request on behalf of a friend:

Does anyone have a FS # or a hobby paint match for the Interior of the Me 410 at Coford  ? The color pictures in the WWP  "In Detail Special no.1"  It shows it as a bluesih/green definitely not the 02 in the wheelwells. I also seem to recall seeing a similiar color in a He 162 that was being restored by the French company [Memorial Flight] that did the Halberstadt.

Any and all help will be most appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

AX 365, thanx for the pix. This link https://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/documents/collections/85-AF-78-Me-410-420430.pdf 

indicates it's Not unrestored, it's last paint job probably 1986. That being said, paint certainly looks prototypical. The fuselage bay, interior, and cockpit framing look the right shade of farbton 66. Using this color looks too dark in scale so I would go with something lighter that gives a good representation of scale color. Most aircraft coming out of the factory in WW II usually show factory preservative paint like zinc chromate, RLM 02, etc. When the aircraft went in for a rehab, tune-up, etc. very often they would spray the bays with the underwing color.  This is why we get so many discussions on proper gear and bay color.

The NASM has an Me-410 awaiting restoration. Wish I could get in there with my FS-595a fan deck and do come comparisons.

Hope that helps,