A-10 / TF-34 Exhaust cone color / paint question

Looking at pictures online of A-10s and I can't tell if the exhaust cone is painted gray or if it's a ceramic white-ish coating that is weathered?  And if painted, was that also true back in 90's and before?  I'm working on a 90's Euro 1 build.  Was going to use a metallic jet exhaust color, but that doesn't appear to be accurate at least for modern aircraft.  Any insight?

Are you talking about that blunt cone shaped object that's in the inside of the tailpipe? If so that's called the exhaust centerbody and its a pale burnt metal color. If you are talking about the actual "Tailpipe" thats called teh exhaust shroud and were usually Euro one dark grey from the factory, as the changed the camo scheme to the lighter greys a lot of time these were left untouched. It kind of depended on the unit. I hate to be cliche about it but check your resources on the particular jet you're doing.

Yes, was considering that "exhaust shroud", and, yes, from my references it looked to be painted gray although the ones I've seen recently seem to be a lighter gray, probably the light ghost gray that was used when in the paint shop.

Thank you, Craig!