Academy 1/48 A-10C

10 hours ago, Alternative 4 said:

Yes and lets keep politics out of this.

Oh I agree, I just noticed that their website no longer has .ru and was wondering if they had relocated. I'll be waiting on product from other companies. I'm in for the intakes mentioned earlier in the thread and maybe some of the other goodies.

30 minutes ago, salomon said:

The ladder needs to be more detailed, its is the plastic mold limit,  I'm don't criticize but I think that could be fun to print this part.

13.jpg

Phase Hanger Resin already makes them, page #4 under 1/48th items.

Steve

41 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Is it just me or are this (Engine set) a tad overpriced? 

That was my first thought too.  I just got the Phase Hanger Resin set, and it was just a couple of dollars more for a lot more 3D printed parts, plus easier to assemble as you don’t have to cut the kit center pod to attach the exhaust like you do with the Wolfpack.

22 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

That was my first thought too.  I just got the Phase Hanger Resin set, and it was just a couple of dollars more for a lot more 3D printed parts, plus easier to assemble as you don’t have to cut the kit center pod to attach the exhaust like you do with the Wolfpack.

Sounds like the Phase Hanger would be the best bet.

I second that, it's almost the same cost for the kit model. Maybe we can draw those parts and print the ladder and the engines. The Hud doesn't need a lot of work, I'm planning to cut the transparent part in the middle, sand those separated part and that's it.

• 3 months later...
On 12/19/2022 at 4:15 PM, Guard Hog said:

Yeah, a good call on their part.  It looked like that part matches the actual jet's windscreen assembly.  Even on the good old Monogram kit, getting the seam between the clear part and fuselage to blend was always difficult, and I think when not done right it detracted from the lines.  

image.thumb.png.195cdecf3590a157fb47849b24414354.png

That is a cool photo. What is that black 'T' looking thing at the bottom of the wind screen? I've seen it some AC and not on others?

It looks like a hole. When you swing the windscreen assembly upward, the thing that fills that hole stays behind. Maybe a latch.

Look how “not black” the glare shield is in there. Start with Deck Tan and smudge it up with some dirty black. I believe I also saw a video where a modeler showed that the kit glare shield has completely different holes than the real thing. Maybe those have changed over time.

36 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That is a cool photo. What is that black 'T' looking thing at the bottom of the wind screen? I've seen it some AC and not on others?

This is a vent used for defogging and de-icing the windscreen, it's also the area where the windshield washer fluid is sprayed from.

Steve

Nice picture, I'm going to find a USAF Bombloader MJ-1 model to complete the Flightpath's A-10 Ammunition Loader Cart for this excellent korean  model. ANy sugestion for the ground officers figurine in the market?

On the Phase Hanger parts.  I have just used them on my A-10 build.  They are exceptional in every respect.  Easy to separate from the printing towers, very precise fit with both the other resin parts and the engine pods themselves.  Plus the customer service from Phase Hanger is outstanding.  They improve the look of the engine intake area immensely.  For me they were well worth the asking price.  I've paid more and received much less in detail and fit. 

23 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

This is a vent used for defogging and de-icing the windscreen, it's also the area where the windshield washer fluid is sprayed from.

Steve

Ah, cool.. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup2:  I assume its only open when in use?

Edited by The Dude
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Solo said:

This looks good:

image.thumb.jpeg.da577d7ae75a522e3d322169070d6460.jpeg

Those look really nice; which brand are they? The separated blades are amazing but seem to have a peculiar curve in them. Is it like that on the real one?