Using Winsor & Newton Galeria Matt Varnish....

I know this may be a topic like beating a dead horse, but I would like to know opinions and usage of this product. Will it go on Aqua Gloss? I've been using Pledge for years and getting ready to try Aqua Gloss on for size for sealing my planes to put on decals, and then sealing them again with Aqua gloss to seal the decals, pin washes, etc. Then use the Winsor & Newton Acrylic Matt varnish. So, opinions, advice, how to's, critiques, all welcome, please. Thanks guys!

The varnish is acrylic and water soluble so it should be no problem. I've used it a few times, but mostly just use Tamiya XF 86, Clear Flat.

The W-N flat will appear approximately semi gloss when applied and it can take up to several hours for it to completely dry flat.

I used to use Tamiya’s X-20A as a thinner for all the Tamiya X and XF series paints but since adding their acrylic lacquers (LP series) and Mr Color to my paint stash, I just use the Gunze Mr Color Levelling Thinner for all of them. No particular ratio although my starting point is about 50-50, then adding more thinner till the desired consistency is reached. In 55 years of airbrush use I’ve never had a set ratio, just whatever works.

I switched from Tamiya to Mr Color and absolutely love their GX clear coats.  They even offer it with UV protection.  Dries fast and really durable. I thin it with MLT. One example below. Just make sure you use the GX products. 

image.jpeg.044e94e3d013b1eb37dcf67057315795.jpeg