For our Canadian modelers, Kinetic just announced a CT-114 Tutor

Hello Dear Customers,

2023 is coming and we are proud to announce our first new release for the year. The Gold Series Family is growing, this time with the addition of a popular training aircraft. We are happy to present you the CAD rendering for the forthcoming:

48082 - Canadian CT-114 Tutor in 1/48 scale

World famous by the Royal Canadian Air Force Demonstration Team “Snowbirds”, the CT-114 was also the important aircraft to the training of the fighter aircrew on RCAF.

More info soon. 

Happy Holidays!!!

319858936_442539064603972_37345078806981

3 hours ago, Joe Hegedus said:

I'm in.  Hopefully they will include Snowbirds decals; that's the scheme I want to build.

Snowbird decals as well as the standard training markings, plus an anniversary scheme will be in the box.

Edited by Colin K

This kit I'd pay $100 Cdn for.  For those hoarders of the ancient and lackluster Hobbycraft Canada kit who are asking stupid money ($100 - $200 US) for them - as if that's how they're going to fund their retirement - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Take that!

3 hours ago, AX 365 said:

This kit I'd pay $100 Cdn for.  For those hoarders of the ancient and lackluster Hobbycraft Canada kit who are asking stupid money ($100 - $200 US) for them - as if that's how they're going to fund their retirement - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Take that!

Yup....one day I saw five HC Tutors on eBay.  They will emerge quickly and some guys will try to get as much for them as they can.  At this point, they are worthless.  Oh ...and this new kit will definitely be under $100.

Screenshot_20230101-140922.png

Edited by Colin K
3 hours ago, AX 365 said:

I sold three of them a few years ago, all went for over $250 US  each. I listed them at a starting bid  of $9.99. So the buyers are just as much at fault. And I honestly didn’t know at the time they’d be bid up that high. I just didn’t want to build them as they were too crude for my liking. I reinvested that money into 1/32 Tamiya Spitfires. I hope this doesn’t make me a bad person.

I think it is pure greed though starting bidding that high. And it’s funny to see all the hoarders dumping them now. Hopefully not too many people get sucked in.

I was always hopeful Raymond would come through. I truly think this kit might be my Holy Grail.

55 minutes ago, Colin K said:

Yup....one day I saw five HC Tutors on eBay.  They will emerge quickly and some guys will try to get as much for them as they can.  At this point, they are worthless.  Oh ...and this new kit will definitely be under $100.

Good to hear they are going to be under $100, because my first order is going to be for 6 kits.

19 hours ago, Scooby said:

I sold three of them a few years ago, all went for over $250 US  each. I listed them at a starting bid  of $9.99. So the buyers are just as much at fault. And I honestly didn’t know at the time they’d be bid up that high. I just didn’t want to build them as they were too crude for my liking. I reinvested that money into 1/32 Tamiya Spitfires. I hope this doesn’t make me a bad person.

I think it is pure greed though starting bidding that high. And it’s funny to see all the hoarders dumping them now. Hopefully not too many people get sucked in.

I was always hopeful Raymond would come through. I truly think this kit might be my Holy Grail.

You did a good and honourable thing in your listing price, Scooby and you made out well.  Good for you.  You have no control over what a buyer will pay but to list a kit at those exorbitant prices in the first place is obscene.  You're right; pure greed.  If a buyer is willing to spend that much money for what is essentially a $30 - $40 kit, I shake my head.

Edited by AX 365
19 hours ago, Colin K said:

I saw that post over on FB.  Simply amazing.  Trying to profit before the bubble bursts.  And that's encouraging news on the price point.  Thanks for the heads up on that one, CK.

On 1/1/2023 at 12:12 PM, AX 365 said:

Well said, as usual, Mike.

The resin set was absolutely required. Even buying the resin and the HC kit new, without a 3rd-person markup, the cost would run up close to $100. Now, for a much more reasonable price (Kinetic makes great products at decent prices), we'll have a better kit that already includes many more extras than Rick Chin's resin. The gods have heard our prayers, buddy!

ALF

On 12/23/2022 at 8:33 PM, Scooby said:

Finally, I have known this for awhile. Originally it was planned as 1/32. I provided Raymond his first access to a Tutor many years ago.

Oh, a 1/32 Snowbird Tutor would be sweet!  Maybe they'll do that as well?

Edited by Joe Hegedus

I'll be getting a few of these but I will also keep my HC kits too.

I also have the Belcher resin kit.... 

35 minutes ago, Emvar said:

Belcher or the Uncle Bill's set.

1 hour ago, Emvar said:

Me as well.  The HC, with all its warts still builds into a Tutor shaped aircraft, better than its ugly 1/72 scale bastard cousin.  I will keep my 3 HobbyCraft Tutors and my 3 Belcher Tutors.  One Uncle Ric’s detail set yielded a few home cast copies of some parts, I, surmise that I will be into the Kinetic kit for at least 3 copies. Can’t wait ! 🤓