DML & Dragon 1/144 Jet Kits

Is there much interest in these kits?  Thinking about thinning my stash, most of these are just too small for these old eyes and fat fingers.  I did a quick search on eVilBay and nearly fell out of my seat at the asking prices, had no idea I was sitting on a potential gold mine.....

Maybe it's better to look at the 'sold items' prices, they are far less spectacular I think..

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=DML+1%2F144&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

A good friend, a dedicated 1/144 modeler, recently sold a bunch of Dragon models through Scalemates, so there is a demand for sure.

The Dragon 1/144 A-6E was my first 'serious' model, and it turned out quite nice I think.

a6e-11.jpg

a6e-09.jpg

Maybe the model has some shape problem though, as many of these Dragon kits had problems.

Rob

Edited by Rob de Bie
3 hours ago, Rob de Bie said:

Maybe it's better to look at the 'sold items' prices, they are far less spectacular I think..

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=DML+1%2F144&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

A good friend, a dedicated 1/144 modeler, recently sold a bunch of Dragon models through Scalemates, so there is a demand for sure.

The Dragon 1/144 A-6E was my first 'serious' model, and it turned out quite nice I think.

Yeah, that makes more sense.  I'll look into selling on scalemates, not a fan of eBay.

Nice job on the Intruder.

Wow that ebay listing was a trip down memory lane.

The box art is fantastic on them all. I wish people still did nice box art instead of photos.

As a kid I had the vf84 tomcat. The carrier deck vf143 tomcat. The vf124 f14 and top gun f16. The vfa25 hornet. I also had the NY ANG f16. To this day I love the boys from Syracuse f16 because of it.

They only cost about $10 in New Zealand in the mid 90s so I would save up my allowance. 

Wonderful to see all of those again.

• 2 weeks later...

I went down a rabbit hole of picking up the Dragon kits because they fit in scale with a tabletop wargame I play (Team Yankee) and were far more accurate than the resin models used for many of the aircraft in the game, so certain kits do have decent value to me.  In general the shape issues do throw me off though.