Airbrushing White....

Wow... After a 20 year hiatus, I air sprayed Tamiya white onto an already primed surface. Landing gears, doors, wheels etc for an F-15.... After several passes, maybe over 100 or so, it looks good. Is there a better way to air spray white? Im happy with my results but maybe there is an easier way. I sprayed over Mr. Surfacer 1500 grey.. 

Cheers to you all and a Happy New Year! 

If, by "a better way to spray white" you mean having to do fewer passes, you may want to consider using the white variant of Mr. Surfacer as a primer if you want to avoid having the primer colour showing through your Tamiya white coat. 
In case you are using Tamiya gloss white you may also consider using the flat white on the first couple of coats before finishing off with a gloss coat(s). In general I find that the flat paint have better coverage than the gloss ones do. 

Hope this helps.

I'm finding the same problem with airbrushing Tamiya flat white on the under carriage for my F14D this is sprayed over Tamiya fine surface primer grey.

I'm wondering if it is:

a) the consistency I'm using 1:1 thinners/paint but that is he same as all the rest of the colours I use.

or

b) after having a conversation with a very helpful gentleman at the IPMS show in Telford with regard to getting a spare airbrush (Iwata neo at present) I asked him why the one he was using had a 'crown nozzle cap, to which he suggested that this let excess air spread out from the paint at close range, I am wondering if this could also be a problem.

Tamiya white spray primer would always be the place to start, even their standard primer than comes in one of their square bottles would be good.

I like the primer or an automotive primer such as Halfords spray primer have a higher pigment count than their model making equivalents.

Mr Hobby primers are also very good for certain things. The 1500 grade is a nice primer for a smooth surface, the 1000 and 500 are options too, they also do a base which is good for what you want to do.