Final for 2022....my only one. "GET THE PICTURES" 1/48 F-5E Photo Lightning what-if

After taking a year "vacation" to the Middle East, this is my only start-finished model kit.  Picked this kit up late October '22 and finished today after a house move and moving into a new hobby space that is actually inside the house this time.

OOB 1/48 Academy F-5E Lightning kit.  Goes together really well. Closed up the gear bays, the mains here a challenge, but the nose gear door fit like a treat.  Cobbled together a pilot and put "Capt. Carlos Danger" in the pit to go get picture of those pesky V1 launch sites.  Made up markings for a PR Lightning post D-Day where some units overpainted the topside invasion stripes with Azure Blue.  If you don't have the cash for the Tamiya kit....grab the Academy one...it's worth a build.

HNY and all the best in '23 to you all.

Cheers

Collin

DSCN9177.JPG

DSCN9178.JPG

DSCN9179.JPG

DSCN9180.JPG

DSCN9181.JPG

DSCN9182.JPG

DSCN9183.JPG

DSCN9184.JPG

DSCN9185.JPG

DSCN9186.JPG

DSCN9187.JPG

DSCN9188.JPG

DSCN9189.JPG

DSCN9190.JPG

DSCN9191.JPG

Wow! That i sreally neat! I love the way you oversprayed the upper invasion stripes.  Definitely don't want those on a recce bird down low.  What is the significance of the six German swastikas on the port nose, please?