Academy 1/48 F-14A Tomcat - "Hairless Kitty"

OK ARC, here are some pictures of my completed F-14. The last build of 2022. Before I share them, let me give you a little background. I have the book F-14 Tomcat by Tony Holmes. It's chock-full of some great color photos of both high and low vis Tomcats. On the last 4 pages, there are 3 photos of a F-14A at NARF North Island going through a refurb. It's covered in ZC primer with some limited stencilling. I thought it would an interesting scheme to model. So, I started this pig's ear with that goal in mind. This was mostly built OOB, but I added some strip styrene "wing gloves" and some FOD covers made from paper. I had to do some rescribing on the forward fuselage. I know the lines aren't accurate, but I mostly followed Academy's lines for the sake of simplicity. The paints are MM and Testors' "little square bottles". Markings are painted on and scrounged from the spares' drawer. Weathering was done with pastels and Flory washes. 

Let's get on to the photos...

QTTbMm1.jpg

sARVNVD.jpg

NFMJuPo.jpg

Q2N5sxt.jpg

7SuLsd1.jpg

q6ZYx50.jpg

Z8N3vkV.jpg

9yqdgjr.jpg

egFZJNq.jpg

GIJcToX.jpg

I know it's not accurate, but its color is an eye-catcher on my shelf. Questions, comments and criticisms are welcome. 

Thanks for looking and Happy New Year!

-O

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I have that book, your model looks bang on!

Thanks phantom! My goal was to get close. I think I got close enough.

Everyone else, thanks for the "looks" and the kudos. I'm glad that you like her.

I appreciate the feedback, all. Cheers!

-O

Edited by oortiz10