Hasegawa 1/48 F-16D(ish)

Hey there ARC, it's been a while! This is one of my two final builds for 2022. I was able to snatch up this F-16 and some additional goodies for free. I bought a few things from a vendor at a swap meet, and he threw in the kit as a bonus. Apparently, he got it from someone else, and he couldn't sell it. He told me that it was a mix of parts and wouldn't  build up to an "accurate" -B or -D model. There was a resin "covered" exhaust, some resin ejection seats, and a sheet of Two Bobs decals in the box. Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, a brought it home and started it for ARC's 2022 F-16 GB. 

I know very little about F-16 variants and their assorted blocks. From what I have been able to figure, this is a -B with the "big" engine but not the big intake. Or, if you prefer, a -D with the small gear doors, intake, and incorrect main wheels. I didn't even try to figure out any cockpit differences. Eh...I don't care. I build for fun. I come from the If-It-Looks-Like-A(n)-(Insert Select Aircraft Here)-Then-It's-A(n)-(Insert Select Aircraft Here) school. Only the hardest of the hardcore will know that my F-16 is "wrong." So, I figured I'd slap it together of the Animalistic and Lockheed GBs. Besides the details I've already given, I'll share how I finished it. It's done with AK Real Colors and lightly weathered with pastels and Flory washes.

And now the two-seat F-16...

xiQVUtt.jpg

RpCt4LP.jpg

zPfsrtY.jpg

oAxvBvw.jpg

gg4aWVf.jpg

fe7KGNy.jpg

KeBuT8Z.jpg

6U5mZCg.jpg

6IZWpoT.jpg

Ra2BJTl.jpg

RU92lHR.jpg

Aj7Cf7x.jpg

No, it's not "accurate," but when you can't build the one you want, build the one you got. Right? Anyway, feel free to share your comments, questions and criticisms. Thanks for looking and have a safe, healthy and prosperous New Year, all! 

Cheers,

-O

That particular jet is a big mouth GE engine block 30. However, there are also small mouth GE engine jets for the initial run of the block 30. We gave that jet to Edwards shortly after we got her at Eielson. and by big engine I think you mean GE F110.