Polish F-16 C/D Viper

Both Hasegawa and Kinetic make a Polish F-16D out of the box, the Kinetic one can also be built as a C, both build up reasonably well. The decal options in the Hasegawa box are for a standard jet, while the options in the Kinetic kit are for 4 “Tiger Meet” special schemes.

Another option to get a C would be Tamiya’s F-16C/N kit together with Attack Squadrons Polish/Greek upgrade set, and a set of aftermarket decals.

I'd vote for Tamiya kit, either the Agressor boxing (NSI intake and heavy weight gear) or the Thunderbirds boxing - for the C, obviously. You need some additional detail sets, most notable the parapack housing, as the CFT's are not always carried by Polish Vipers. The link Solo provided covers all of the mods.

Kinetic is pretty nice too, and for what it's worth, OOB. There was a boxing with both C and D versions which is kind of cool. I didn't like some of the decals - especially the stencils, as I found them to be a bit too dark. If You can get them, Techmod makes amazing stencil and decal set.  I built the Kinetic set and it wasn't a nightmare some people claim it to be, though I wouldn't call it a shake and bake kit.

34 minutes ago, Niels said:

Tamiya block 25/32 with parachute housing makes into a nice Polish F-16, however you have to get the CFT's from aftermarket. 
KInetic's should be a good base aswell. 

No, that kit is not enough.
There must be kit with parts for Block 52, and that is only Tamiya Aggressor or Thunderbird kit.

Checked out the 1/48 Tamiya F-16 Aggressor on ebay, around the same price as a Kinetic kit

Someone told me the Kinetic Gold line are retooled and better than the older kits, if I'm reading it correctly the ones listed on Scalemate with the gold patch containing the date and feature... ie:  2022 new decals or 2023 new parts are the new ones, if so there's a F-16E/F that may work, I don't know what the difference is between the C/D and E/F, but it may work

Edited by Mig-21

The E/F is substantially different from the C/D, hence why they give it the E/F designation and not just the C/D Blk60. I’m not sure what’s all in the box for the E/F, but the forward fuselage to radome is a different shape along with the tail from the base up, I’m sure the intake differs as well, in short the E/F isn’t a suitable candidate in order to model a Polish jet.

1 hour ago, Mig-21 said:

The Kinetic 1/48 Israel F16I  Sufa  with IDF weapons #48085 has the gold patch with 2020 New Parts

It's a Block 52

I guarantee that is not the same new tool that was released in 2022 as the F-16A MLU and the F-16C Block 25/32.  It’s their previous tool, plus it isn’t a “Gold” kit.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/kinetic-k48085-f-16i-sufa--1272917

I think they may have done some tweaking to the nose droop on this kit and others, but it’s still the old tool kit.

The ‘Sufa’ has a different dorsal spine and lacks the para pack extension, along with a different antenna fit. I’m not sure if the parts you need are included in the kit.

Yes that is an F-16C. Most likely Block 52. But it has a parapack occluded by the AIM-120. I am not sure if you are looking for something super detailed and exciting, or just a Polish F-16C, but if it were me, I'd consider only two options:

1. Wait for Kinetic to come out with their 1/48 F-16C Block 52 and Block 52+ (if you want the spine and CFTs directly out of the box). This has not been officially announced but Kinetic's owner has indicated that these are in the works with their new (Gold series) F-16 line.

2. Get a Tamiya base, and add a whole bunch of AM to turn it into a Polish Block 52. Parapack is probably the most immediate need. If you want the spine and CFTs, that requires more AM.

You may consider the old Hasegawa boxing that has everything in the box: https://www.super-hobby.com/products/General-Dynamics-F-16D-Block-52-Polish-Air-Force.html

But these are hard to find, and Hasegawa is too primitive as an F-16 base kit.

Original (old) Kinetic will also work, but it is a tedious kit to build and has had a radome share issue (which I think is present even after it has been updated). 

Edited by Janissary

On FB, sometime last Spring, I has asked Raymond the following:

" Raymond, if you are reading this, all you need to focus on is F-16A, and then 50/52 *double seater only*. Then 50/52+. That’s it. Do that and live like a king!

He replied:

Kineticmodel
"the whole projects cover all version except the E/F, we even cover the Block 70/72"

9 minutes ago, Janissary said:

By the way you keep saying C/D, but not sure if this means you are indifferent between the two. C is a single seater. D is a double seater. Tamiya has no double seater F-16. Kinetic is doing both single and double seaters. 

A-single seat, B- two-seater   C-single seat, D- two-seater    E-single seat, F- two-seate

The first set  A/B - second set  C/D - latest  E/F

2 minutes ago, Mig-21 said:

A-single seat, B- two-seater   C-single seat, D- two-seater    E-single seat, F- two-seate

The first set  A/B - second set  C/D - latest  E/F

If this is a statement, it is common knowledge. If it is a question, I don't understand it. 

1 minute ago, Janissary said:

If this is a statement, it is common knowledge. If it is a question, I don't understand it. 

Statement

I put it up to let you know I understand the order the aircraft came in

I keep saying C/D because it is the series, 1 seat or 2 seat, I am looking for

Just now, Mig-21 said:

Statement

I put it up to let you know I understand the order the aircraft came in

I keep saying C/D because it is the series, 1 seat or 2 seat, I am looking for

On behalf of everyone who has responded to your questions: You're welcome. 

Post harder my man. 

10 minutes ago, Raymond Chung said:

Basically, the current 48102 F-16C can build into the Polish Block 52 without CFT. It has NSI and PW engine 

the lumps and pump are there but not mentioned in the instructions. 

It says Kinetic Gold on the box, so I'm guessing it's one of the new tooling

If so, I can build the C version for CAP, the D version is for ground attack / wild weasel

lumps and pump???